SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

What are you guys even talking about here? You think this is a demotion? What world are you all living in?

USC is a blue blood powerhouse and is moving into a top 2 college league, they have access to 4 and 5 star recruits every year. Coaches revel in coaching at the highest level of ball they can. On top of that he’ll be making at least double what he does at ndsu. Where’s the downside for him?

I haven’t been a fan of Entz and honestly I’m happy he’s moving on, but to call this a demotion is absolutely bonkers.

Yea pretty ice cold takes out there. Plus he seemed to be getting a bit fatigued with being the HC IMO. This looks like a perfect move for him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

What are you guys even talking about here? You think this is a demotion? What world are you all living in?

USC is a blue blood powerhouse and is moving into a top 2 college league, they have access to 4 and 5 star recruits every year. Coaches revel in coaching at the highest level of ball they can. On top of that he’ll be making at least double what he does at ndsu. Where’s the downside for him?

I haven’t been a fan of Entz and honestly I’m happy he’s moving on, but to call this a demotion is absolutely bonkers.

So he will be making around 800-900k to coach linebackers?

3 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Agree. Didn’t seem like he was enjoying his job this year. 

Did you see the type of people he was be critized by?

You'd bail too if  drunked inbreds clad in denim bibs with the IQ of a shoe was screaming for your head every week.

He got out and a increased his take by a ton too. Good for him.

41 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

He will continue to coach the rest of the season for the Bizon

Not sure about that…maybe. With recruits, transfer portal, and NIL some colleges are like big employers with technology databases and such. When you gone, your gone. I was a federal employee at a VA. Everyone knew…. Your last day. Come at 8 am, call IT that you are done, turn in your keys and walk out the door by 8:20!

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

We’re again reduced to cheering against the Bison in order to salvage our own season.  And yet, the loudest voices will scream that NDSU is a failure if for losing the semifinal or national title game and proclaim UND as the true “state champion.”  Regardless of what happens next in the playoffs, it’s now impossible to argue that UND will have had a more successful season than NDSU.  

Well, when arguing you have to use what little ammo you have. ???

I usually hit them with "well of course I respect NDSU football. You Have to respect a team that has managed to beat you 43% of the time we have played"

Leads to looks of confusion and silence...at least briefly.

8 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Not sure about that…maybe. With recruits, transfer portal, and NIL some colleges are like big employers with technology databases and such. When you gone, your gone. I was a federal employee at a VA. Everyone knew…. Your last day. Come at 8 am, call IT that you are done, turn in your keys and walk out the door by 8:20!

NDSU already announced he will continue to coach until the season is over.

• Upvote 1

I think this will be trend in the near future for the top teams in FCS that head coaches are going to be leaving as soon as possible it's no-win situation for them with transfer portal and NIL money. Your expected to win and now you may recruit the talent to put together winning team and FBS will just come in take that talent with life changing money and portal makes it easy for them to do this but its one-time portal so the chance of stealing player being under-utilized is not happening if you have sit out year.

The last few power schools of FCS are jumping ship with few exceptions like NDSU because of our location and demographics making it hard for them or other Dakota schools to move up to FBS. The Missouri Valley and Big Sky may like i have said may need to form their own FBS conference from the top teams out of both of these conferences or accept what FCS is becoming old Division II of the 70's. College Football is changing and i wouldn't be surprised near future large number of schools will be looking to drop it because of the above and economics of trying to make yourself competitive is going to be to high.

4 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If Entz wins another natty this year he is likely offered a G5 HC position.  Kleiman made the jump to P5.   Bad career move.  Wil never be a HC again and if USC has another floundering year will be unemployed.

He has been offered G5 jobs but turned them down. Gene Taylor is the only reason Klieman got the K State job straight from FCS

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

I think this will be trend in the near future for the top teams in FCS that head coaches are going to be leaving as soon as possible it's no-win situation for them with transfer portal and NIL money. Your expected to win and now you may recruit the talent to put together winning team and FBS will just come in take that talent with life changing money and portal makes it easy for them to do this but its one-time portal so the chance of stealing player being under-utilized is not happening if you have sit out year.

The last few power schools of FCS are jumping ship with few exceptions like NDSU because of our location and demographics making it hard for them or other Dakota schools to move up to FBS. The Missouri Valley and Big Sky may like i have said may need to form their own FBS conference from the top teams out of both of these conferences or accept what FCS is becoming old Division II of the 70's. College Football is changing and i be surprised near future large number of schools will be looking to drop it because of the above and economics of trying to make yourself competitive is going to be to high.

College football is becoming the USFL played in the fall with slightly more emotional attachment to the teams. Although even the USFL doesn't choose a champion with a beauty contest. 

• Upvote 1