SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (GAME TWO)

iluvdebbies

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't disagree, but Berry is a human being like the rest of us. I've cracked under pressure a few times myself.

He's not the Nick Saban of college hockey. Be better. He could have said "Jake was right Friday and we had less passangers tonight". Jake hopefully gets an apology. This is still basically a .500 team and a loss and done situation.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jk said:

For the same reason, I'm getting Strinden, Costantini and Portz in.  Fresh and super motivated to play well.  Sorry for whoever comes out, but most of the forwards on the team seem pretty interchangeable.

Hope we see this, Moore obviously as well. UND’s depth could really be used to their advantage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

He's not the Nick Saban of college hockey. Be better. He could have said "Jake was right Friday and we had less passangers tonight". Jake hopefully gets an apology. This is still basically a .500 team and a loss and done situation.

I imagine the apology will happen in private, so don't count on necessarily hearing it.

6 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I thought we wanted more than just coach speak.

Agree but that?? So was last night's jab code for....."Be more like Schloss moving forward. More unicorns and rainbows". 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I imagine the apology will happen in private, so don't count on necessarily hearing it.

There won’t be an apology, we all know that. 

I’d love to see Jake start off tonight’s broadcast with, “Welp, UND gets a chance to extend its season tonight and hopefully keep Coach Berry from finishing with less than 20 wins for the 3rd time in 8 years at the ship’s helm…”

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree but that?? So was last night's jab code for....."Be more like Schloss moving forward. More unicorns and rainbows". 

Jake's a big boy....he gave his opinion, BB gave his. Not sure it's that big of a deal. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, burd said:

I don't mind at all seeing the HC being a little snarly about now.   Hope the whole locker room is feeling that way.  As long as it doesn't cause them to take foolish penalties.  

Speculative, but it seems like Jake’s honesty may have lit some fires on the team as they reviewed game video yesterday.  Whatever it takes, I guess.  

If it takes Jake Brandt and Sioux Sports to get this team going then its a repeat of the #ferdaoxbow year.

Honestly, they got bailed out by their goalie last night, could've lost 4-2.  I don't think they've played all that well thus far in this series.  They will need to be better tonight.  

Down the stretch, including this series, UND has been pretty good defensively with solid goaltending, but struggling to score and a non-existent power play. Exactly as I expected for a team that, throughout the year, had been atrocious defensively with leaky goaltending, but able to score and with an excellent power play. 

49 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"...at the end of the day we gotta make Jake Brandt talk more about us."

That warrants an apology?  

Living near you must be like walking on eggshells 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If it takes Jake Brandt and Sioux Sports to get this team going then its a repeat of the #ferdaoxbow year.  

I’m unaware of any other college sports team that wasted more time on message board geeks than that one.  

37 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Jake's a big boy....he gave his opinion, BB gave his. Not sure it's that big of a deal. 

I like Jake, he does a nice job and has improved tremendously from when he started.  He says what needs to be said.  I think he's pretty objective for being labeled a homer.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Being the third game in three days if he is 100% they've got to dress Cooper Moore as the extra skater.  Need to steal some shifts back there tonight and he's fresh. 

Literally the biggest liability on the team!...HARD NO!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, N of GF said:

"...at the end of the day we gotta make Jake Brandt talk more about us."

That warrants an apology?  

Living near you must be like walking on eggshells 

After the team skates off the ice for pregame warmups…

Jake:  “Hey coach, any chance we see the old Notre Dame green jersey switch-a-roo and the team comes back out onto the ice wearing the black NODAK jerseys?”

1 hour ago, jk said:

For the same reason, I'm getting Strinden, Costantini and Portz in.  Fresh and super motivated to play well.  Sorry for whoever comes out, but most of the forwards on the team seem pretty interchangeable.

Not to mention, some of the boys looked pretty tired last night down the stretch so perhaps dressing and playing some of the guys who haven’t yet suited up could give the team some juice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Berry is under a lot of pressure with how the season has gone and the questions on our recruiting prowess or lack thereof. This is the first time I have seen him express it publicly like that.

Good to hear - hopefully he and his staff will take a hard look at the program - especially focused on what they need to do so high end talent once again wants to come here.  

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The best thing abut the past few weeks for UND has been that James has emerged as one of if not our most dynamic and consistent forward putting together effective positive shifts almost every time out.

And a terrific penalty-killer. Instinctive, fast, disruptive. 

• Upvote 2