SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (GAME TWO)

iluvdebbies

13 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

We have zero chance to make the NCAA Tournament as an at large according to the probability matrix so I’m not sure why it matters. Win and get to play another game. 

if there was any chance it would definately involve having to win the next 2 games, and even then probably would need to win next 3 games which would then give autobid to not even make atlarge matter.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/drew-deridder-stands-tall-as-fighting-hawks-force-decisive-game-3

"We talked about some things at the hotel that we needed to change going into tonight," UND captain Mark Senden said. "I thought the first five minutes weren't our best. After that, we dug in and played the hockey and the game we needed to. I was proud of how we battled all game. We've got to keep going here and staying alive."

The victory marked UND's first conference playoff win on the road in 28 years to the exact date. On March 11, 1995, UND won in St. Cloud. Since then, UND was 0-5 in road league playoff games, including a 2-1 loss in Friday's series opener.

And I pushed the team to victory ✌️ no thanks necessary, I will Endeavor to repeat the effort this evening, lord willing and the creek don't rise, we will live to battle another day...  

Someone else will be required to pick up my torch in msp but I have faith and hope.

• Like 1

Great win. Anything can happen in Game 3, but I like UND’s chances. Seeing these two teams play all year, I think UND is better. High level / talent stepped up yesterday. Could really use one of the Chosen Ones to get on the board tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Being the third game in three days if he is 100% they've got to dress Cooper Moore as the extra skater.  Need to steal some shifts back there tonight and he's fresh. 

Shut your piehole Brandt!

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

How'd 10 8 28 look together? Liked that group when I saw the lineup sheet.

Probably the most consistent line.  Played a pretty simple game, got the puck deep and cycled low.  I didn't see the stats but it seemed like 8 got killed on the draws. 

Edit*  8 went 11-11 on draws.  Seemed like it was worse.  Overall we went 27-31, not as bad as that seemed either. 

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Interesting because Brandt is a total homer 

After Friday’s game I can’t remember where I saw it, but someone said Brandt needs to talk about UND more and is too complimentary of the other teams we play. Then Berry says this last night. 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Probably the most consistent line.  Played a pretty simple game, got the puck deep and cycled low.  I didn't see the stats but it seemed like 8 got killed on the draws. 

I didn’t see the final box, but Mid-game I looked at the box score and everyone but 8 was getting killed on draws. He wasn’t great either but won more than he was losing at that point.