SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (GAME TWO)

iluvdebbies

27 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Hoping for a win but expecting the inevitable.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Delayed.  They had one more players-only meeting.
This one will stick.

In my years following a UND team this team did what no other team could....they broke @brianvf....

That's impressive.  Although the 2017 team is holding on line 1....

Mavs 4....UND 2.  Mavs get to St. Paul.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

In my years following a UND team this team did what no other team could....they broke @brianvf....

Ha!  You could see before Christmas that it just didn't seem to be coming together for this team.
The most frustrating part is that --on paper-- this team should be very good.
I still watch every game and hope for the best, but at this point I don't think the miracle can happen.

That said, I still have high hopes for next season...I think they have the potential to be pretty good assuming a couple pieces line up (Frisch/Gaber returning + goalie pickup).  And they'll be under the radar after this season's debacle.

• Upvote 2

I've read a lot, kept my mouth shut, but I think that some are on to something. I honestly believe we aren't the only ones dealing with it, but maybe it just hit us harder because of the caliber of recruits that we get. The covid year is hurting recruiting and development. It is pumping the portal as well. Freshman comes in with high expectations only to sit as a 'seasoned' veteran gets the minutes. And it will go on, then it's the current junior, then the current sophomore. So you're sitting around for 1, 2 maybe 3 years before you get playing time. They check out and hit the portal, only to compete with more covid year players (think Cruckskank - no I didn't spell it wrong). Said this all along, decisions get made without understanding the ramifications. The coaches have to win, so...

Just now, Oldguy said:

...and the lines change again.  This season has been ridiculous.

The funny thing is...half the posters get mad that the lines change and the other half gets mad that they don't change enough.  :D

I'm glad that Senden and Hain were split up, but I'd rather OwenMc move up...if anything him and Senden should swap.
And I'd rather Costantini than Ness....higher offensive upside.

But here we go!  Bring it home boys.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

I cannot believe that Bast is playing ahead of Moore, especially after last night. He can't break the puck out, his icing lead to the 1st goal and he contributes nothing offensively.

Neither one is very good. But you are right - at least Moore has the potential to contribute offensively.

20 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

What has Moore done offensively? The numbers don’t lie. Moore costs this team more than Bast would. Ha.

13 points to 3 points. He is also one of 2 defensemen who can skate the puck out (other being Jandric). Bast stands flat footed so he never can break the puck out leading to a lot of chasing the puck in the defensive zone. Watch Moore hit the portal. He's very talented and it will come back to haunt us. 

10 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Watch Moore hit the portal. He's very talented and it will come back to haunt us. 

I’m worried about Moore and Costantini hitting the portal. I’d love if those two and Johnson all stayed but I’d bet we see some expected and some surprise portal entrants from the team. Hopefully we can add more than we lose. 

• Upvote 2