SiouxSports.com Forum

Duluth visits REA.

Wilbur

They got whooped by Omaha, we gave up 10 plus goals to Western.

Over under on Spicer scoring a goal this weekend?  Over under on Johnson getting a start?  Over under on the word culture being thrown around?  Does 28 finally get a suit????

Lets talk about it keyboard warriors!  

Spicer goal....no.

Johnson start....no.

"Culture".....yes (too many times)

28 in a suit.....I laugh at this silliness. No but extra skater.

Have to go back to DeRidder Friday.

Lineups will be basically the same as usual cause that is what this season has become. Doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results.

Split. Good guys Saturday.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Spicer goal....no.

Johnson start....no.

"Culture".....yes (too many times)

28 in a suit.....I laugh at this silliness. No.

Have to go back to DeRidder Friday.

Lineups will be basically the same as usual cause that what this season has become. Doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results.

Split. Good guys Saturday.

If DeRidder starts both games, UND sweeps. I agree with the rest. James and Brent Johnson need to play.

1 hour ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Agree. However, it’s becoming pretty obvious that the coaches have told Brent Johnson to transfer.  

...and if that was the case, how bad was the decision to bring him in over Morrow last year?   I know, there were red flags with Morrow, but let's be honest, there are plenty of red flags to go around right now.  Let's face it, Johnson is no different than a lot of the rest of the team right now, if they play the right way, they can be pretty good.  The problem is, getting them to play that way on a consistent basis. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

I get the hate for 28,  but how can you bitch about +/- from some guys and not realize is one of the rare + forwards.

It's not hate, it's disappointment. Big body, good skills, ... and invisible most nights. 

I like my defensemen invisible and unnoticed*, not my forwards. 

*When a defenseman is memorable it's seldom for good reasons. ;) 

4 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

I get the hate for 28,  but how can you bitch about +/- from some guys and not realize he is one of the rare + forwards.

Exactly. Plenty of complaints on here about the offensive forwards not playing D. But people want the defensively responsible forward in the stands. ? 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, tnt said:

...and if that was the case, how bad was the decision to bring him in over Morrow last year?   I know, there were red flags with Morrow, but let's be honest, there are plenty of red flags to go around right now.  Let's face it, Johnson is no different than a lot of the rest of the team right now, if they play the right way, they can be pretty good.  The problem is, getting them to play that way on a consistent basis. 

I think this is the biggest whiff in recruiting so far. Bringing in a player who clearly wasn't ready (and still physically isn't in year 2) for college hockey instead of Morrow who was told he needed a year in the USHL. Yes I know there were other rumors/circumstances that lead to his de-commit but it all started with Berry telling him he needed to play USHL when clearly the player brought in needed another. 

10 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I think this is the biggest whiff in recruiting so far. Bringing in a player who clearly wasn't ready (and still physically isn't in year 2) for college hockey instead of Morrow who was told he needed a year in the USHL. Yes I know there were other rumors/circumstances that lead to his de-commit but it all started with Berry telling him he needed to play USHL when clearly the player brought in needed another. 

Spicer is holding on line 3

8 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Exactly. Plenty of complaints on here about the offensive forwards not playing D. But people want the defensively responsible forward in the stands. ? 

He's basically on the second scoring line. Berry won't switch things up much this weekend but flip flopping him with 10 would be a start.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

18-21-9

26-22-17

10-27-19

20-8-28

So we'll go to the grave with 10 27 19??

First 2 I love

20 8 10

28 27 29/19  29 showed enough Saturday to warrant more ice

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Finally!  A cupcake comes to town.

Well, to be fair, UND didn’t LEAVE town, so your point is moot.  Sandelin will have his boys ready while Berry will be debating on what jerseys to have his kids wear.  OT shootout loss on Friday and the Bulldogs earn the Sunday morning mimosas after a W on Saturday night.  

• Like 1