SiouxSports.com Forum

Duluth visits REA.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm curious who would be out, then? I don't disagree with anyone other than 18 as I think the kid needs to perform to stay in. 20 is a lock, 21 and 26 have shown me things that make me believe they should be in there, but again, who comes out? This isn't an easy choice. 

"Perform to stay in." What a concept. Maybe then a comparison can be made to a player that sat only one game in a 4 year career at UND.

22 minutes ago, Speez said:

"Perform to stay in." What a concept. Maybe then a comparison can be made to a player that sat only one game in a 4 year career at UND.

I am not sure if you're trying to be snarky, but if you could fill me in on who you're referring to, that'd be great. That, and how it relates to what we're talking about would be wonderful!

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Can someone fill me in on why we keep talking about the Nodak jersey? 

I know Uncle Andy did a great Kevin Bacon impression when talking to Port, but some ( cough me included cough ) would like to hear an explanation from a direct source (like Brad or Brianna Berry). Even a press release would do. That, or final findings from the research (notice I didn't say investigation) Chaves did on the matter would be good. Someone needs to own it for it to be put to bed. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know Uncle Andy did a great Kevin Bacon impression when talking to Port, but some ( cough me included cough ) would like to hear an explanation from a direct source (like Brad or Brianna Berry). Even a press release would do. That, or final findings from the research (notice I didn't say investigation) Chaves did on the matter would be good. Someone needs to own it for it to be put to bed. 

Hey, that's fair. I just don't care much about it as it pertains to the team, this year's squad, but that's just me. 

34 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I am not sure if you're trying to be snarky, but if you could fill me in on who you're referring to, that'd be great. That, and how it relates to what we're talking about would be wonderful!

Not being snarky. I think my spell check works fine.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm curious who would be out, then? I don't disagree with anyone other than 18 as I think the kid needs to perform to stay in. 20 is a lock, 21 and 26 have shown me things that make me believe they should be in there, but again, who comes out? This isn't an easy choice. 

A question that's fair and reasonable...are you sure you're a good fit for the internet? 

So who's out? Rotate amongst 10, 11, 13, 19, 28.

But IMO the coaching staff needs to prioritize developing the freshman and sophomores for next year and beyond.

1 minute ago, Kevin G said:

A question that's fair and reasonable...are you sure you're a good fit for the internet? 

So who's out? Rotate amongst 10, 11, 13, 19, 28.

But IMO the coaching staff needs to prioritize developing the freshman and sophomores for next year and beyond.

I just don't think 10, 19, or 28 should sit for someone else. They bring various levels of skill, but all three play defense and have other intangibles that I think have to be had on the ice. Just my opinion. 

Every line needs a guy that even the casual fan can see is the defensively responsible guy on the line. Normally on a getter-setter-shooter setup it's the getter, but is sometimes the setter. (No comment on most shooters.) 

The preceding comments are generic and stereotypic. Your shooter's defensive prowess may vary. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Wonder how many games Spicer would have worn a suit instead of a Nodak sweater?  More often than most is my speculation of the day. 

Which is exactly why they wanted him to defer. His time and development would have been wasted if they brought him in this year, just to have him scratched frequently. He was behind Blake, McLaughlin, James and Strinden. And James and Strinden have been scratched quite a bit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Can someone fill me in on why we keep talking about the Nodak jersey? 

I suppose I could go back and find out what the count is for 3+ consecutive goals given up by this year’s team is…

Editor’s note:  the team added to it again on Saturday night with 4 in a row. 

4 hours ago, tnt said:

But even the people defending Berry said let's see what he does this year with a squad that was supposed to be very good.  Well, so far we are just hoping to make the tournament, much less an early exit again.  Yes, the same people that used to cry for a national championship instead of making the Frozen Four every year have now changed their tune a bit, but not having a sniff at the Frozen Four is substandard for this organization for that long, even with some of the extenuating circumstances.  

The whole Nattys vs. Frozen Four thing is a false choice and a premise I 1000% reject. More troubling is we have ONE NCAA win since hanging #8 in 2016.

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

BB went with the Swede then the Big Johnson vs WMU in which a victory....just one win would help your Pairwise position. Yet 10 19 27 and 28 are untouchable lineup wise?

Untouchable is a bit heavy, but in my opinion, yes. Not sure I'd agree with the comparison with the goalies, however. Not sure how those two equate.

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I suppose I could go back and find out what the count is for 3+ consecutive goals given up by this year’s team is…

Editor’s note:  the team added to it again on Saturday night with 4 in a row. 

LOL gross. Go on and talk more about the Nodak jersey, I guess lol

28 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Which is exactly why they wanted him to defer. His time and development would have been wasted if they brought him in this year, just to have him scratched frequently. He was behind Blake, McLaughlin, James and Strinden. And James and Strinden have been scratched quite a bit. 

Goodness, thank you.