SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SCSU: the Saturday edition

The Sicatoka

21 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Adding that would be whole new culture problem…

which problem is worse...     

perhaps I should have asked for the 30 year version of Eades, cup checks and backhands for all nancy efforts until passion is restored.  Colton St. Clair comes to mind.

I've seen some poor teams in my many years as a Sioux fan but I've never seen play like this.  The funny thing is - with the talent we have every week I expect them to come out with some fire and play a whole game.  I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.  Sadly, I am not optimistic that any changes will be made - either on the team level or from the AD.  When Clown can put 6 and 7 unanswered goals on us in one weekend it is a sad sad time for Sioux hockey.  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I guess if St. Cloud State wins 30+ games and loses in the NCAA championship game while UND goes thru the motions of an 8-22-3 season, we can all point at their fans and laugh at them while yelling “8 is greater than 0,” right?  That’ll show ‘em. 

Teams have down years. This program, and many others, has had its share of them. It's no fun. But it is what it is. I'm sure the Huskies would love a few natties, also Minny and Michigan too but we all know how it's been since their last one. And MN has had a quite a few down years during that span. 

The season is already trashed, and we're not even at the beginning of the new year. The talent seems to be there, but a team cohesion is not. I'm not questioning effort, but giving up 13 goals is not our standard of hockey. 

Reports that players don't hang out, is certainly not like teams of the past. And perhaps that's a place to begin w/ what's wrong with the UND hockey culture at the moment.

Going from the expectations of a nationally ranked team, to whatever we are now, is embarrassing and a travesty to the fans. It's not going to get much better this year, but whatever cancer has inflicted this team, it/they need to go and start rebuilding for next year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I agree that programs have down years and this certainly has the makings of being a North Dakota team we’ll soon forget.  I just get tired of the cheap shots thrown at other programs (UMass is one I recall a few years ago) because they don’t have our pedigree.

We start sounding like Green Bay Packers fans.  Someday, when the Vikings win the Super Bowl, a bunch of drunk green and gold fans will scoff at them while toasting to pre-Super Bowl era NFL titles.  

Agree, especially with CC and Omaha showing growth and development. Talking trash does get tiresome, especially when you read the board's rollercoaster comments. I am most interested in watching two teams battle at their best. Thinking back to the frozen face off between 16 and 18. Great games, DU, UMD, UND, well worth the ticket and something to look forward to. Never got into the "I know you are but what am I" BS. We have some problems, but need to be humble and accept it. No, not accept it, just tone down the rhetoric a tad. The whole "I hope the entire D transfers in January, we need to bring in a goaltender at New Years" stuff is a bit much. How about Berry and company actually solves problems instead of buying bandaids? They have the talent, they need the motivation. To me this is reminiscent of Blaise's time at UNO, his defensemen just stood there, his forwards seemed to believe they could do it alone. Doesn't work that way...

24 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I agree that programs have down years and this certainly has the makings of being a North Dakota team we’ll soon forget.  I just get tired of the cheap shots thrown at other programs (UMass is one I recall a few years ago) because they don’t have our pedigree.

We start sounding like Green Bay Packers fans.  Someday, when the Vikings win the Super Bowl, a bunch of drunk green and gold fans will scoff at them while toasting to pre-Super Bowl era NFL titles.  

College hockey has so much parity now. Once fans understand that everyone will be better off. It isn't how it use to be. 

14 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Agree, especially with CC and Omaha showing growth and development. Talking trash does get tiresome, especially when you read the board's rollercoaster comments. I am most interested in watching two teams battle at their best. Thinking back to the frozen face off between 16 and 18. Great games, DU, UMD, UND, well worth the ticket and something to look forward to. Never got into the "I know you are but what am I" BS. We have some problems, but need to be humble and accept it. No, not accept it, just tone down the rhetoric a tad. The whole "I hope the entire D transfers in January, we need to bring in a goaltender at New Years" stuff is a bit much. How about Berry and company actually solves problems instead of buying bandaids? They have the talent, they need the motivation. To me this is reminiscent of Blaise's time at UNO, his defensemen just stood there, his forwards seemed to believe they could do it alone. Doesn't work that way...

One of the best, most entertaining Frozen Faceoff games I witnessed was that St. Cloud/Duluth overtime championship game a few years back. Man, what a fun, back and forth high intensity game. You could feel the intensity among both fan bases too. Was kinda fun as a neutral observer to watch that game and experience what both teams’ fans were experiencing. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

College hockey has so much parity now. Once fans understand that everyone will be better off. It isn't how it use to be. 

I’m tired of that argument too.  BB has had his inexcusable share of bed-wetting over the past several years, the most glaring case to me being the Canisius College series in Buffalo a few years ago.  

“Nothing we can do about it, it’s just parity these days.”  Is THAT the new standard at North Dakota?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

And when he's not literally spending all his time bitching about officiating, he's stopping by opposing team's message boards.....this makes my weekend.  Between Ole going keyboard warrior and this the weekend hasn't been too bad!!

Hahaha.....:lol:

Screenshot_20221204_093154.thumb.jpg.a95461420b79ca189051077bbe868a0c.jpg

Lol. I’ve made about 50 posts in the 14 years I’ve been on here. I’m more of a reader for entertainment than a poster of opinion. I crack a joke with the MM post last night after another terrible game by UND’s defense and Ciskie tweets it like I’m serious. I thought it was funny… 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Lol. I’ve made about 50 posts in the 14 years I’ve been on here. I’m more of a reader for entertainment than a poster of opinion. I crack a joke with the MM post last night after another terrible game by UND’s defense and Ciskie tweets it like I’m serious. I thought it was funny… 

Ciskie is a gem for doing things like that.  I’m shocked he hasn’t picked up one of my sarcastic posts and blacked out my name while sharing them on Twitter.  

Bruce, If you’re reading this - and we all know you’ve been scouring our board since about 10 pm last night - feel free to post some of my comedy gold on Twitter too.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

I think the Transfer Portal is a symptom of recruiting failures: we're bringing in guys from Portal because we aren't winning enough of the top guys coming from NTDP and Juniors.  

Case in point: no freshman defensemen on the roster.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  

Yep so we lose out on a high end blue chip recruit and bring in 4th and 5th year role players to cover the loss.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Teams have down years. This program, and many others, has had its share of them. It's no fun. But it is what it is. I'm sure the Huskies would love a few natties, also Minny and Michigan too but we all know how it's been since their last one. And MN has had a quite a few down years during that span. 

Thing is this wasn't supposed to be a down year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, neoflex said:

The season is already trashed, and we're not even at the beginning of the new year. The talent seems to be there, but a team cohesion is not. I'm not questioning effort, but giving up 13 goals is not our standard of hockey. 

Reports that players don't hang out, is certainly not like teams of the past. And perhaps that's a place to begin w/ what's wrong with the UND hockey culture at the moment.

Going from the expectations of a nationally ranked team, to whatever we are now, is embarrassing and a travesty to the fans. It's not going to get much better this year, but whatever cancer has inflicted this team, it/they need to go and start rebuilding for next year.

Reports could be true. The Captain is married after all, right? My wife wouldn’t let me hang out at those college parties. :) 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m tired of that argument too.  BB has had his inexcusable share of bed-wetting over the past several years, the most glaring case to me being the Canisius College series in Buffalo a few years ago.  

“Nothing we can do about it, it’s just parity these days.”  Is THAT the new standard at North Dakota?

I'm referring to not winning championships every year. Because if you don't then per this message board the season was a fail. UND is not gonna win a natty every season. Not team is. The expectation should be to reach the tournament. 

Me? I’d be having a Sunday TV skate. That’s no pucks or sticks. The ten seconds before an SCSU goal would run on the TV (REA overhead). If you were on the ice: “Skate.” If you were not in camera frame when the puck went in: 2x. If you didn’t have your man covered: 3x. If it was your man who scored: 5x. We’d do that for each SCSU goal on on the weekend. It might be a long practice. 

Now, what “Skate” is … it is: Which drill does each guy hate most? That’s “Skate” for him, and it may include running shoes to allow for “arena tours” for some. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Ciskie is a gem for doing things like that.  I’m shocked he hasn’t picked up one of my sarcastic posts and blacked out my name while sharing them on Twitter.  

Bruce, If you’re reading this - and we all know you’ve been scouring our board since about 10 pm last night - feel free to post some of my comedy gold on Twitter too.  

He's breaking down film frame by frame to point out where the bulldogs got jobbed.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

One of the best, most entertaining Frozen Faceoff games I witnessed was that St. Cloud/Duluth overtime championship game a few years back. Man, what a fun, back and forth high intensity game. You could feel the intensity among both fan bases too. Was kinda fun as a neutral observer to watch that game and experience what both teams’ fans were experiencing. 

i miss back and forth hockey....so many coaches wanna win 2-1...we need a coach that says "speed kills" right before the puck is dropped....

• Like 1