SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SCSU: the Saturday edition

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

College hockey has so much parity now. Once fans understand that everyone will be better off. It isn't how it use to be. 

I don’t think it is a question of parity. Our team has aggressively went backwards this season even though we have mostly the same players back. You know we’ve played some good teams and we always get every teams A game. 

51 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I'm referring to not winning championships every year. Because if you don't then per this message board the season was a fail. UND is not gonna win a natty every season. Not team is. The expectation should be to reach the tournament. 

If they want that to be the expectation then go to Bentley

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i miss back and forth hockey....so many coaches wanna win 2-1...we need a coach that says "speed kills" right before the puck is dropped....

it sure looks like back and forth hockey this season to me…at least for the team playing AGAINST North Dakota!

Seems like St. Cloud’s motto was, “let’s hang 10 on these clowns this weekend!”

”Oof, 10 goals for the weekend?  That seems like a tall order against UND.”

”Nope, I’m thinking 10 EACH NIGHT!”

• Like 2

This is a top 10 team on paper.  Unfortunately, this group lacks any resemblance of confidence, poise and composure.  

All games have ups and downs; but this team folds whenever momentum is lost. They start playing to not makes mistakes, which actually ensures tenative play and mistakes a plenty.  It's like watching a deer in headlights the second anything goes wrong.    

Sure they've come back from some deficits, but most of those deficits should not have existed in the first place.  Their continued inability to play a full 60 is astounding.  

12 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I have said a couple of times over the last few years. Much of our fanbase has drifted into the level of "Minnesota Fan Arrogance" where we think other colleges really only have hockey programs so we have opponents to be able to play against.

Not sure if that’s 100% true but what they have been putting on the ice this year is not North Dakota Hockey and Berry needs to figure this out not keep his head in the sand and pretend it will work itself out. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Teams have down years. This program, and many others, has had its share of them. It's no fun. But it is what it is. I'm sure the Huskies would love a few natties, also Minny and Michigan too but we all know how it's been since their last one. And MN has had a quite a few down years during that span. 

And what happened to their coach when he started having continuous down years? 

3 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

And what happened to their coach when he started having continuous down years? 

Right?  Before UND nominated Gino Gasparini for sainthood in the last 10-15 years…there was a time when he was run out of town following the 1994 season.  That’s 7 years after winning his 3rd national championship and probably 2 years later than it should have happened given the rapid downturn in the program.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Right?  Before UND nominated Gino Gasparini for sainthood in the last 10-15 years…there was a time when he was run out of town following the 1994 season.  That’s 7 years after winning his 3rd national championship and probably 2 years later than it should have happened given the rapid downturn in the program.  

Gino's last 7 years were pretty terrible.  Only made the NCAA's once in those 7 years and many of the years were way below .500.
Blais righted the ship pretty quickly...two seasons of around .500 teams before he brought home his first national title.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Ciskie is a gem for doing things like that.  I’m shocked he hasn’t picked up one of my sarcastic posts and blacked out my name while sharing them on Twitter.  

Bruce, If you’re reading this - and we all know you’ve been scouring our board since about 10 pm last night - feel free to post some of my comedy gold on Twitter too.  

Considering his pinned tweet is a lengthy note about an illness/ailment of sorts (too long winded for me to read it) he should show a little humility and not poke the bear. Whatever he needs to take solace in the fact that it's a down year for them as well, I guess.

21 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Considering his pinned tweet is a lengthy note about an illness/ailment of sorts (too long winded for me to read it) he should show a little humility and not poke the bear. Whatever he needs to take solace in the fact that it's a down year for them as well, I guess.

I don't have "the Twitter" so maybe I just don't get it, but I can't believe that he has over 236k posts in 13 years.  That's like 50 posts a day for 13 years straight.
A - Who has time to post 50x every day?
B - Who the heck would want to read that many posts from someone else?

:whistling:

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

I don't have "the Twitter" so maybe I just don't get it, but I can't believe that he has over 236k posts in 13 years.  That's like 50 posts a day for 13 years straight.
A - Who has time to post 50x every day?
B - Who the heck would want to read that many posts from someone else?

:whistling:

A lot of them are likely in-game updates. But it's clear he's an addict sharing every mundane thought that pops in his head.

21 hours ago, neoflex said:

The season is already trashed, and we're not even at the beginning of the new year. The talent seems to be there, but a team cohesion is not. I'm not questioning effort, but giving up 13 goals is not our standard of hockey. 

Reports that players don't hang out, is certainly not like teams of the past. And perhaps that's a place to begin w/ what's wrong with the UND hockey culture at the moment.

Going from the expectations of a nationally ranked team, to whatever we are now, is embarrassing and a travesty to the fans. It's not going to get much better this year, but whatever cancer has inflicted this team, it/they need to go and start rebuilding for next year.

Agreed. I think it’s odd they don’t hangout. And you can see it in things like well, the college team captain is married. I mean that’s fine, but I don’t know how you can really be a college team captain and already be married etc. it’s just another detail that leads me to believe there are cultural issues amongst the team. Nothing wrong with being married here, just an observation about a unique situation. 

On 12/5/2022 at 8:04 AM, The Sicatoka said:

But is he, or just engaged? According to this ... he's engaged

As far as a married player, back in the day Mal Parks was. (He was a dad to boot.) 

@The Sicatoka clouding the issue with facts again. :) So what, Mark is engaged. Does it really matter. This has no bearing on the season whatsoever. Can't we just be happy for him? Personally, I wish him a happy, prosperous life. No matter what happens this season. 

On 12/5/2022 at 12:39 AM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

A lot of them are likely in-game updates. But it's clear he's an addict sharing every mundane thought that pops in his head.

As if he had any other type of thought rattling around in there.:D