SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SCSU: the Saturday edition

The Sicatoka

16 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

I am not being a Berry apologist,  there are definitely problems at the top but at the end of the day players need to make plays and these players obviously aren't.   It sure as hell can't be that Berry has forgotten how to coach D.  That has been his bread and butter for what 20 plus years.   He can coach then on what to do but again the players need to execute.  Seems like it might be a roster full of kids with learning disabilities  

These players don’t forget how to play hockey when they get here they are put into a system that doesn’t work or not holding them accountable. 

• Like 1

Look at this roster vs 17-18 and 18-19 when UND missed the NCAAs back to back....it is crazy the difference top to bottom IMO. Again this team's overall talent is so much better to be this bad right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

On tidbit that was overlooked after the game that was caught on the SCSU TV broadcast one of the young female rink side reporters caught up to BB and asked him point blank about his daughter having the NODAK TM then giving it away when once all of it came to light publicly. His response.......

schults-knows-nothing.gif

What I would give to have ten minutes with the guy over a cup off coffee and get an answer to a question or two about the situation.

It's going to be a cloud that hangs over the season for sure. 

10 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work?

And 90% of our talent isn’t working hard. These boys need to have practices with no pucks and just skate. Our conditioning is killing us in the 3rd. When I was a kid our coach would skate us until there was too much snow to skate and then they’d resurface and we’d skate more crunches. Kids were puking but we didn’t wear out in the 3rd.

6 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

And 90% of our talent isn’t working hard. These boys need to have practices with no pucks and just skate. Our conditioning is killing us in the 3rd. When I was a kid our coach would skate us until there was too much snow to skate and then they’d resurface and we’d skate more crunches. Kids were puking but we didn’t wear out in the 3rd.

Conditioning has to be a year-round program or it won't achieve the desired results.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Conditioning has to be a year-round program or it won't achieve the desired results.

It looks like conditioning is an issue being all our problems come in the 2nd half of games.  I don't think the team will forget how to play hockey if they spend a week without pucks.

One bright spot to me was the play of Costantini. Now granted, I watched the game on tv and perhaps didn’t see or pay close attention to every one of his shifts but I kept hearing his name being called. His motor really seemed to be working hard, especially after he got that monkey off his back with that first goal. I’m sure that really boosted his confidence. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

It looks like conditioning is an issue being all our problems come in the 2nd half of games.  I don't think the team will forget how to play hockey if they spend a week without pucks.

This team gave up 3 straight to open up games against both Quinnipiac and Miami.  UND gets caught coasting quite often at the sound of the starting gun too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It is a total team failure across the board. This team is starting to resemble the early 1990's at this point.

Some of the late Gino teams were simply out-classed.  That isn’t the case with this team.  This team is losing for a very different reason.  At least there is the possibility of righting the ship, although that better happen soon.

And when he's not literally spending all his time bitching about officiating, he's stopping by opposing team's message boards.....this makes my weekend.  Between Ole going keyboard warrior and this the weekend hasn't been too bad!!

Hahaha.....:lol:

Screenshot_20221204_093154.thumb.jpg.a95461420b79ca189051077bbe868a0c.jpg

6 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Some of the late Gino teams were simply out-classed.  That isn’t the case with this team.  This team is losing for a very different reason.  At least there is the possibility of righting the ship, although that better happen soon.

I’m not sure how you could argue that this team isn’t being outclassed when they look COMPLETELY outclassed out there on the ice.  I guess everyone got just 1 pack of Skittles for the bus ride home instead of the usual 2.  

• Upvote 2

Some of the issues are just baffling at times....guys forgetting how to get players away from our goalie,  simple chip passes that get picked and go the other way for a goal, and doing just down right stupid things...i.e.  sidorski trying to deflect the shot and actually centering it to a scsu player for a goal....don't try to deflect shots in front Of your own goal for christ sakes

1 minute ago, 1972 said:

Some of the issues are just baffling at times....guys forgetting how to get players away from our goalie,  simple chip passes that get picked and go the other way for a goal, and doing just down right stupid things...i.e.  sidorski trying to deflect the shot and actually centering it to a scsu player for a goal....don't try to deflect shots in front Of your own goal for christ sakes

I observed a UND player make a no look backhand pass behind our own net, ringing it around the boards, ending up right on the tape of the waiting St. Cloud D man at the blue line. Now the play didn’t result in a goal but it’s just one of many examples of careless play in our own zone. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Godsmack said:

I observed a UND player make a no look backhand pass behind our own net, ringing it around the boards, ending up right on the tape of the waiting St. Cloud D man at the blue line. Now the play didn’t result in a goal but it’s just one of many examples of careless play in our own zone. 

And how many drop passes to nobody.....it is truly like they forgot how to even play at times

22 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

The one with a natty.

I guess if St. Cloud State wins 30+ games and loses in the NCAA championship game while UND goes thru the motions of an 8-22-3 season, we can all point at their fans and laugh at them while yelling “8 is greater than 0,” right?  That’ll show ‘em. 

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm looking at the transfer portal as the degredation of the cultural foundation.

The portal is not and never will be the friend of UND athletics.

I think the Transfer Portal is a symptom of recruiting failures: we're bringing in guys from Portal because we aren't winning enough of the top guys coming from NTDP and Juniors.  

Case in point: no freshman defensemen on the roster.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

And if I'm thinking of the same play, he had plenty of time as well. There was nobody from scsu near him. 

• Upvote 1