SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

It will be interesting to see how well Quincy does at TE. Definitely a big change going from QB and trying to avoid contact to now having to be a physical blocker on the line. Not sure if he ever played WR or how his hands are. He certainly has the size for the position....will be interesting to watch. 

On 8/29/2023 at 5:52 PM, 90siouxfan said:

I hope we win them all...

I also hope forum tech evolves so that when use the ignore feature it also ignore the responses.  Two clowns make this board repulsive, but what else would people discuss.

It's pretty obvious that a few posters have taken the angle of pretending to be UND fans so that there posts to undermine the team are taken more seriously.  If everyone ignored these posts we wouldn't need to worry about getting a feature to ignore responses to moronic posters

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

8 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Message Captain @iramurphy or Lieutenant @jdub27 and they'll get you a meeting set up with Chaves. Should get all your questions answered for you.

Don't think you need to go that high to get your answer but the answer is both. 

UND moved back to the MVCF for, among other reasons, regularly have regional rivals on the schedule as it clearly drives attendance. Plus, the team has been performing better. Both are helping attendance trend in the right direction. More than one thing can be true. 

Kind of like someone who can have valid points and continously also spend their time trolling and trying to detract from others trying to have actual discussions. Hypothetically of course. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kab said:

So appreciate them while you still can

tv games, iPads, electronic games , prices of tickets and eats

many reasons for lower attendance 

i've said this for years.........get rid of the no fun police aka ralph natzi's and al natzi's and the students and even those soccer moms will show up again......

remember when ralph had "circus girls" in the luxury box and every dead puck it was boobs galore.....place loved it.....now you can't even show a cotton top swiging a beer during a commercial break.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

https://x.com/e_martinson1/status/1697043884533068018?s=46&t=pSkEb_uzco-kdaPo_-o3BA this doesn’t excite me that much. The south endzone was always the better one but at least open the entire north end zone and not just the ends. 

Side note: no idea why I can’t embed tweets right now. 

Fyi, Alerus has rights to the corners - up to them.

With Leupke's performance in Dallas, I'm starting to think that NDSU has the potential to surprise and actually miss the playoffs.  I think losing him will make a way bigger difference than people think.  Realize how important he was to their offense, and their QB was still pretty bad for having the benefit of playing against teams that had to sell out as much as they did to stop the run.  Teams may not have to do that as often this year.  TaMerick Williams is good, but they also lost Kobe Johnson and the depth isn't the same.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nodak651 said:

With Leupke's performance in Dallas, I'm starting to think that NDSU has the potential to surprise and actually miss the playoffs.  I think losing him will make a way bigger difference than people think.  Realize how important he was to their offense, and their QB was still pretty bad for having the benefit of playing against teams that had to sell out as much as they did to stop the run.  Teams may not have to do that as often this year.  

Leupke didn’t play in the playoffs. Mattress Cam completed 1 pass in a semi final game and they won. I think they’ll be ok

• Upvote 3

Just now, GoodGood said:

Leupke didn’t play in the playoffs. Mattress Cam completed 1 pass in a semi final game and they won. I think they’ll be ok

True, but they also lost Kobe Johnson and Dom Gonnella so the depth isn't the same.  TaMerick Williams is good, but didn't they also lose two NFL lineman?  

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Mattress Cam ... 

< shamelessly stealing for future use > 

NDSU has a propensity to be able to replace offensive linemen seamlessly.
Until that changes any of us could average 3.5 yards per behind their line. 

Do I believe NDSU has shown weakness and vulnerability? Yes.
Enough to take them from a dominant FCS role? TBD. Likely not. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

NDSU will be a contender until they prove that they aren't on the field imo...

• Upvote 1

For the record, I'm not saying they WILL miss the playoffs, just that they could.  Their offense performed well last year, but it didn't look as good as former NDSU offenses.  Their D wasn't that great, and they also lost more on D than usual.  Normally NDSU is replacing guys who played for a more dominant team, and they have never had this many losses from the transfer portal either.  Things just seem different this year than in the past.

2 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

We'll see this weekend vs Eastern Washington.  Sam Herder predicts a 45-35 victory for NDSU.  If they give up 35 points to a 3-8 team from last year then their defense could be vulnerable. 

Teams have to prove that they can beat them on the field though.  This includes UND.  Go hawks!  G

100% agree.

34 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

True, but they also lost Kobe Johnson and Dom Gonnella so the depth isn't the same.  TaMerick Williams is good, but didn't they also lose two NFL lineman?  

For the record, I'm not saying they WILL miss the playoffs, just that they could.  Their offense performed well last year, but it didn't look as good as former NDSU offenses.  Their D wasn't that great, and they also lost more on D than usual.  Normally NDSU is replacing guys who played for a more dominant team, and they have never had this many losses from the transfer portal either.  Things just seem different this year than in the past.

You’ll be waiting a really, really long time if you’re hoping NDSU is going to regress so that UND can catch up. It’s not going to happen this year or in the near future. Simply put, they know football down there (coaches are competent) and they have the resources and support to keep reloading. In GF/UND, it’s an uphill battle year after year just to remind folks there are more (and better) sports out there than just ice hockey. 

Bubba and UND need to ascend and reach NDSU’s level, not the other way around.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’ll be waiting a really, really long time if you’re hoping NDSU is going to regress so that UND can catch up. It’s not going to happen this year or in the near future. Simply put, they know football down there (coaches are competent) and they have the resources and support to keep reloading. In GF/UND, it’s an uphill battle year after year just to remind folks there are more (and better) sports out there than just ice hockey. 

Bubba and UND need to ascend and reach NDSU’s level, not the other way around.

Way to put words in my mouth.

• Upvote 1