SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Danny Freund is good coach. He’s the coach of the future (and present) as of now. 

Just my opinion at this point …

I agree with you on this one as well. Glad he was named Associate HC and can start playing a bigger role now and can be seen as the next head coach....hopefully not in the too distant future. 

19 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I understand you have an agenda, but think I just read a story in the GF Herald that tickets sales have gone up consistently since UND returned to the MVFC.

No agenda here...but 54-45 since 2014 isn't good enough for me.  I believe that we are doing the right things to right the ship...and 8-3 is the expectation this year.  It's not a bad thing to have expectations.  If they aren't met...there will be empty seats in the Alerus for non-SU games...that's a fact!

image.thumb.png.ab2b7fd0662d5596b31edf8cc7abca1f.png

Also...you don't think having 3-4 conference opponents within driving distance has led to increased ticket sales?  That and having NDSU/SDSU on the schedule every year?  I'm not so sure that ticket sales have gone up because there are more diehard UND fans.  It's more so that opponent interest is higher.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Set up a meeting with Chaves and he'll give you the numbers

I don't think it takes a detailed presentation to figure out that replacing Portland State on your schedule with SDSU will help attendance.

That said that wasn't the focus of my original point.  My point remains that if UND is staring down 6-5 the bandwagon will have a lot of room.  We've seen that happen before...it'll happen again.  I'm cautiously optimistic that that won't be an issue this year, but others aren't...and an argument can be made to justify why that is the case.

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i guess the question is did moving to summit/mvfc/midcon/gateway conference increase demand for tickets for new/returning siouxfans or did the increase come from visiting fans of closer fan bases....brookings, fargo, vermillin?

Message Captain @iramurphy or Lieutenant @jdub27 and they'll get you a meeting set up with Chaves. Should get all your questions answered for you.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Message Captain @iramurphy or Lieutenant @jdub27 and they'll get you a meeting set up with Chaves. Should get all your questions answered for you.

i think i know the answer......i remember going to the first summit league men's bball game thinking i might see some younger blood at the betty...nope...same cottontops

i think we are just seeing bump from have those 3 towns within driving range of gf (verm not so much but still closer than cedar city utah)

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i guess the question is did moving to summit/mvfc/midcon/gateway conference increase demand for tickets for new/returning siouxfans or did the increase come from visiting fans of closer fan bases....brookings, fargo, vermillin?

My guess it's a mixture of both. It helps playing Teams you feel like you know....and or dislike. When we played Montana State or Montana at home a few years ago I believe the attendance was always higher for those and it wasn't all due to their fans traveling. The Montana game next year I'm sure will have pretty good attendance.  I hate and want to beat Montana as bad or maybe even more as I do NDSU. Team performance and having a strong and fun team to watch is the most important thing I think though. Need to build momentum this year and continue it going forward. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND08 said:

No agenda here...but 54-45 since 2014 isn't good enough for me.  I believe that we are doing the right things to right the ship...and 8-3 is the expectation this year.  It's not a bad thing to have expectations.  If they aren't met...there will be empty seats in the Alerus for non-SU games...that's a fact!

image.thumb.png.ab2b7fd0662d5596b31edf8cc7abca1f.png

Also...you don't think having 3-4 conference opponents within driving distance has led to increased ticket sales?  That and having NDSU/SDSU on the schedule every year?  I'm not so sure that ticket sales have gone up because there are more diehard UND fans.  It's more so that opponent interest is higher.  

Every school has empty seats even the one to the south, SDSU might be the exception this year. 

50 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

As a tailgater it's pretty easy to notice visiting fans. SU was noticeable (plus many were noticeable by the chips on their shoulders, SDSU and USD were a blip). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think i know the answer......i remember going to the first summit league men's bball game thinking i might see some younger blood at the betty...nope...same cottontops

i think we are just seeing bump from have those 3 towns within driving range of gf (verm not so much but still closer than cedar city utah)

Would hate to see the attendance without us cotton tops 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

All you gentle, fragile souls will be okay. May I perhaps suggest competitive ballroom dance as an alternative sport for ya’ll? @90siouxfan @Teeder11 @UND1983 - Best wishes to you all.

Now, back to football. Go Hawks! 

Meh, thanks for the suggestion,  I'll file it alongside the link to your mom's Only Fans page, but likely will never be that bored.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2