SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami @ UND Saturday - keep it rolling

brianvf

24 minutes ago, Goon said:

Sometimes your team doesn't always win. UND lost two 50-50 games (ND and UMD) both of those games could've gone either way. Also, you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone except a small fraction of the fanbase that Brad Berry needs to be shown the door. He's got three more years left on a four-year deal.  What is the measuring stick that he's being judged by? 

Yeah sometimes you don't but when it comes to winning in March his teams are constantly coming up short.  He is becoming UND's version of Mike Eaves.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

This should bother every UND fan , recruits choosing not to come here after committing and others not choosing us at all and the on ice perfomance , this screams coaching issues. Poor discipline and condtioning is also on this list. 

Maybe recruits don’t want to play for a fanbase/local media as lunatic as ours.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Goon said:

Sometimes your team doesn't always win. UND lost two 50-50 games (ND and UMD) both of those games could've gone either way. Also, you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone except a small fraction of the fanbase that Brad Berry needs to be shown the door. He's got three more years left on a four-year deal.  What is the measuring stick that he's being judged by? 

ND was a 50 50 game. UMD we got out coached. Much like how Hakstol outcoached Lucia in the 0.6 game. I'm not saying fire anybody, but we should have won that Duluth game with the firepower we had.

Watching the ascent of Michigan State while their former goalie flounders for us is rough.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, NDSU82 said:

I do not post alot but my TV went out in the middle of Gino interview.If anyone can post it after the game thank you. 

I wish I knew how to do that. Sorry @NDSU82.

Not to rub it in, but it was a good interview. Gino said that the '82 team was the toughest team he ever coached.

29 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

ND was a 50 50 game. UMD we got out coached. Much like how Hakstol outcoached Lucia in the 0.6 game. I'm not saying fire anybody, but we should have won that Duluth game with the firepower we had.

Watching the ascent of Michigan State while their former goalie flounders for us is rough.

It is just an established fact that a rested team has a huge advantage over a team on the back end of a back-to-back.  Thanks to UMD's unearned bye the previous day, they were fresher.  That's not coaching, that's incredible good fortune.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, jk said:

It is just an established fact that a rested team has a huge advantage over a team on the back end of a back-to-back.  Thanks to UMD's unearned bye the previous day, they were fresher.  That's not coaching, that's incredible good fortune.

I think there was something to that. UMD got very lucky not having to play Michigan. I think that was a big factor. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

What is the measuring stick that he's being judged by? 

Effort and players being ready to play.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So he's Rube Bjorkman 2.0? God help us. :(

That's not even in the realm of a reasonable comparison.... yet.

1 hour ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Maybe recruits don’t want to play for a fanbase/local media as lunatic as ours.  

You need to see the wide wide world outside of town.

Most fan bases are as batshyt as UND's.... and a solid third are absolute "12 Monkeys" crazier than ours.

• Like 1

Just now, jk said:

I agree it helped them immensely, but it never should have gone the Ironman route. They had no business being up two with the clock winding down. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

True.  But when folks have decisions to make about where to spend their hard earned money and better yet, time, what I witnessed tonight at the REA wasn’t remotely close to worth my investment and not comparable to what I experience in the cities. 

I tried to warn you 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The point is we don't want to end up like Nebraska FB. And since when does this program ever "embrace the suck"? That is the last thing we should do. Ever.

“Embrace the suck”  - military slang = To consciously accept or appreciate something that is extremely unpleasant but unavoidable.

in other words, appreciate the efforts of a group of young men, trying their hardest to not disappoint. In no way should you expect your self-esteem to be measured by something in which you have merely an observers perspective. In other words, you shouldn’t expect to be able to beat your chest for something done for you…

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, jk said:

I realize this doesn't help their development, which is important as they will be relied upon next year, but Moore (last week) and Johnson have been liabilities in the defensive zone.  If Bast was healthy, I would have them as 7 and 8 right now.  

Up front, it's harder to find guys to take out to get McLaughlin and Portz back in.  Maybe Albrecht, Costantini and Kunz.  Albrecht did not look like the same player as last year, but that may take reps after the injury.  As for who stays in, the top line can be electric, the old men are still effective, and I don't want to mess with 21-26-28.  Or Ness, who is consistently making things happen.  

I’m sorry did I miss the disclaimer on my ticket that said I would watch these young men play hockey and be perfect in every aspect of the game. Just asking for a friend. 

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Goon said:

I have a question for the UND fans (I don't care about the other fan bases who troll or are reading this message board): you guys want to fire a coach that has a 72-25-6 72.8 % winning percentage over the past three seasons? His team also won back-to-back-to-back NCHC Penrose Cups. 

So we as fans should be satisfied with the performance of the team ?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

“Embrace the suck”  - military slang = To consciously accept or appreciate something that is extremely unpleasant but unavoidable.

in other words, appreciate the efforts of a group of young men, trying their hardest to not disappoint. In no way should you expect your self-esteem to be measured by something in which you have merely an observers perspective. In other words, you shouldn’t expect to be able to beat your chest for something done for you…

I'll take "Completely missing the point for $500, Alex." :silly:

Maybe you are okay with what happened last night, but I am not.

This is a fan forum. People come on here to vent after a loss and celebrate after a win. Don't act shocked when people do those things.

As for ".....appreciate the efforts of a group of young men, trying their hardest to not disappoint", this isn't freaking high school athletics, although watching how UND runs their athletic department, it is hard to tell the difference sometimes. All that is missing is selling baked goods at the front door.

And no, my "self-esteem" is not measured by what happens at a sporting event. But I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't care whether or not the team does well. That is called indifference and it is the polar opposite of love, not hate as some people think.

Don't agree with this. That is fine, but please don't tell me what and how to think. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I'll take "Completely missing the point for $500, Alex." :silly:

Maybe you are okay with what happened last night, but I am not.

This is a fan forum. People come on here to vent after a loss and celebrate after a win. Don't act shocked when people do those things.

As for ".....appreciate the efforts of a group of young men, trying their hardest to not disappoint", this isn't freaking high school athletics, although watching how UND runs their athletic department, it is hard to tell the difference sometimes. All that is missing is selling baked goods at the front door.

And no, my "self-esteem" is not measured by what happens at a sporting event. But I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't care whether or not the team does well. That is called indifference and it is the polar opposite of love, not hate as some people think.

Don't agree with this. That is fine, but please don't tell me what and how to think. Thank you.

I apologize if it seemed personal, I think I was reacting to the ‘spark’ and was actually reacting to the general tone of the board, more so than your comment. No, I wasn’t satisfied with last night, I just don’t get as worked up about as some. Not that I am correct and they are not. It’s just how I roll. Every night a new adventure.