SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

Just now, F'n Hawks said:

I’ve been saying this for a while, he is an OLB. He can’t cover or tackle well in space.

The only reason he’s still at safety is because we have literally zero safeties. It’s brutal. He’s been a liability in coverage his entire career but he’s starting because we are just that bad at that position.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The only reason he’s still at safety is because we have literally zero safeties. It’s brutal. He’s been a liability in coverage his entire career but he’s starting because we are just that bad at that position.

A healthy Fort would have helped but it was fairly obvious the secondary, especially at safety, was going to be a question mark going into the season and the coaching staff did nothing to help it. Have never been impressed with KK and Coley, and Buckner is a lot slower than I thought he would be considering the hype. 

5 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

A healthy Fort would have helped but it was fairly obvious the secondary, especially at safety, was going to be a question mark going into the season and the coaching staff did nothing to help it. Have never been impressed with KK and Coley, and Buckner is a lot slower than I thought he would be considering the hype. 

I’m not convinced Fort has it either. 

9 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

Maybe we need to think outside the box, get some those guys to run track to get them faster. Some of the FBS teams have athletes that do both.

The FAR greater priority is to have DL at 300 pounds and guys who can get to the QB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Against my better judgment, wasted money and time. 

Same old, same old.

Defense was awful. Offense and special teams not as bad, but made their mistakes.

Team wasn’t ready to compete with the defending champions from the get go. Beyond disappointing.

What’s gonna happen first: UND rises above NDSU (basically UND becomes top 5 FCS team) or NDSU descends? Unfortunately, might be the latter. 

Hope UND can get a home playoff game for next weekend. Chaves better not have submitted a cheap bid. 

• Upvote 3