SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, Sioux27 said:

10 to 1 odds they’re out….you in?

I honestly don't want your free money.......again they are "Montana". You think the committee is going to say they're NOT one of the top 24 teams in FCS? Think about it. Not saying I agree they should be in but they will be.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Make the pick and it changes the demeanor of the game. Same for the scoop. 

Don’t and the game stays as it has been.

Fumble on the return out of half time would have been the game changer.

I agree with those who said the runner was likely down. BUT, I also agree that the video didn’t seem to show anything to overturn. You can see the runner go down, but can’t see if the ball is possessed or loose. My understanding is if you don’t have indisputable evidence you can’t overturn.

likely the right call, but sets a bad precedent for a very gray area to the rule.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why all the punts ira?

Good question. When we can’t stop other team, I’m not sure I would punt from own 45 or beyond but at some point it doesn’t matter. I thought this would be decent game. I don’t think we were as diverse with play calling as we had been most of year especially early. Our KO and punt coverage was bad. Guys didn’t stay in lanes. Their RB’s were very patient and then hit seam quickly. Not sure where our “second level” defenders were on those long runs. Other than the early sack that Tommy kind of ran into our young RT did ok against a future pro. Tommy did ok even with pressure. I thought his fumble was knocked out of his hand by Hoosman when he was starting to throw and Hoosman moved across to block but I’m not sure. KO’s weren’t getting to end zone but we need to cover kicks. When officials ate the flag on the personal foul against Maag on the early drive we had been moving ball. Missed int and blocked FG both potential TD’s but frankly they outplayed us and we got dominated by their oline. Lastly, Miller had a great game. Whoever said he is “slow” may want to watch the game film. 
Bad day. They played well and we couldn’t stop them. Hopefully we get a playoff game and can get past this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bids have been sent in a bit ago.

Our bid is believed to have been the 2nd and 3rd highest bid.  They were only concerned with Montana and Idaho bidding more.  Montana should now be out.  The bid time we requested was a 2pm game 

19 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Missed two big turnovers.  A Pick 6.  And a block punt that could have been 6 points.

Exactly the plays were there to be made.....  they just didn't make them.  Plus, way too many missed assignments on D.  This is a really, really, really bad defense.

18 minutes ago, MNHawk said:

Man, if you watched that game and thought we were a couple of breaks away from winning, then I don’t know what to tell you. We were thoroughly outplayed and outcoached. 

Yes we were out played.  Early 3rd qtr down 2 scores UND drops a Puck 6.  Huge.

Late 4th qtr down 3 scores Block a punt and miss a TD run back.  Huge.

Both together a whole different game.  Just 2 plays.  UND was totally out played but could have been much different with TO's

11 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Exactly the plays were there to be made.....  they just didn't make them.  Plus, way too many missed assignments on D.  This is a really, really, really bad defense.

The chances were there, and add in the bad bounces. Could of be been a last possession finish. 
Our weak run defense hurt big time.

14 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Good question. When we can’t stop other team, I’m not sure I would punt from own 45 or beyond but at some point it doesn’t matter. I thought this would be decent game. I don’t think we were as diverse with play calling as we had been most of year especially early. Our KO and punt coverage was bad. Guys didn’t stay in lanes. Their RB’s were very patient and then hit seem quickly. Not sure where our “second level” defenders were on those long runs. Other than the early sack that Tommy kind of ran into our young RT did ok against a future pro. Tommy did ok even with pressure. I thought his fumble was knocked out of his hand by Hoosman when he was starting to throw and Hoosman moved across to block but I’m not sure. KO’s weren’t getting to end zone but we need to cover kicks. When officials are the flag on the personal foul against Maag on the early drive we had been moving ball. Missed int and blocked FG both potential TD’s but frankly they outplayed us and we got dominated by their oline. Lastly, Miller had a great game. Whoever said he is “slow” may want to watch the game film. 
Bad day. They played well and we couldn’t stop them. Hopefully we get a playoff game and can get past this. 

Well said.

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We played awful today. probably in the 10th percentile for worst possible outcomes. I’m so sick of watching bubbas teams lay absolute eggs in big games. Today was embarrassing. This staff hasn’t managed the roster at all. Our defensive cupboard is pretty bare too. Our best LB group through bubbas tenure were all Mussman guys, let that sink in.

I will agree Bison have more speed.