SiouxSports.com Forum

DU @ UNDon't get swept Saturday thread.

Wilbur

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone hear Hennessy’s comments in the post game show just now about how these losses stick with the fans much more than with the players? I wonder what he was driving at? Are we as fans overreacting? Are we out of line for being frustrated? 

I’m frustrated because I don’t feel like we’re seeing any improvement defensively. Just seem to be getting worse. And I have no idea how it’s possible to be this bad. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I think to some degree it’s possible, yes. Reading the board at times seems like a rollercoaster. Everyone gets their opinion, but I believe it’s never as bad, or as good, as ‘the posted opinions’.

Agreed.
On the board, UND is either the best team ever ("we might not lose a game the rest of the season!") or this UND team is the worst collegiate team to take the ice in 30 years ("fire the coach, sack all the recruits, and send everyone else back to the portal!").

My guess (hope) is that the players already have Miami on their minds and are hoping to get back on track after a poor performance at home.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone hear Hennessy’s comments in the post game show just now about how these losses stick with the fans much more than with the players? I wonder what he was driving at? Are we as fans overreacting? Are we out of line for being frustrated? 

Because these players have all been on good, average, and bad teams. They’ve lost before. We are fans of the one of the best college hockey programs and losses are not very frequent at all. There have been downswings with this program but it’s been awhile. Hopefully we aren’t entering one of those. We have regular season success recently but right now we aren’t that scary ND program we used to be.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Agreed.
On the board, UND is either the best team ever ("we might not lose a game the rest of the season!") or this UND team is the worst collegiate team to take the ice in 30 years ("fire the coach, sack all the recruits, and send everyone else back to the portal!").

My guess (hope) is that the players already have Miami on their minds and are hoping to get back on track after a poor performance at home.

But it's been a poor performance vs Minnesota, DU, and AZ.  At what point does the bad performances become their identity?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldguy said:

I hate to say it, but this is the most disappointing UND team I have seen in a long, long time.  Can't even clear their own zone, let alone maintain any sort of possession.  Giveaways, dominated on shots, no fight (bad body language).  This team may end up one of the worst in decades.

It's sad that when both teams were at full strength it often looked like Denver was on a power play.

1 hour ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Last year the Senden Hain Jammer line shut down Savois line so Bubs breaks up that line. Why does bibs try to be so cute with his lines. Put a freshman line together because we do have some talented freshmen. Bubs needs to quit being cute and get back to our meat and potatoes a good Senden shutdown line 

Senden hasn’t played like he used to since the Saturday night game against the Gophers. Something is really out of whack with these guys right now.

The problem is not necessarily a win/loss thing. It is the way the team is playing. They look slow and lack quickness. The passing has been nothing short of awful and we seem to panic with the puck in our end. The defense has been a huge disappointment so far. We have been completely outplayed by Minnesota, Denver and Quinnipiac. It’s one thing to lose a game due to a bad break or just having a bad night. It’s another thing to be completely outplayed in almost every game when you face the better teams. Can they turn this around? Maybe playing teams a notch lower than Denver, Minnesota, and Quinnipiac will help them build some confidence and develop better chemistry. I hope so, but it needs to happen pretty soon or we’ll need to win the conference playoffs to make the NC$$ tourney. 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

This from UND Facebook page. Always duckies and bunnies for those over there 

Win or lose... fan forever! Go Sioux! They played their hearts out tonight! Thank you boys you're doing awesome!

Evidently, suggesting a 'bag skate' instead of a 'closed door team meeting' on said FB page is "BAG SKATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one moronic statement"   Who knew?:D

2 hours ago, Esoteric said:

Less axe throwing and more teamwork.  They are second guessing their passes, they are second guessing their decisions as to when to challenge, they are second guessing their skill to be unpredictable.  To much formula and to little trust in their skill.

Sidorski stated that it was nice to hangout with the guys off the ice because once they leave the rink not many guys hangout. That seems odd to me, all you ever hear from former players is how much they were togather off the ice. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Sidorski stated that it was nice to hangout with the guys off the ice because once they leave the rink not many guys hangout. That seems odd to me, all you ever hear from former players is how much they were togather off the ice. 

Well our team captain is married, so not sure he would be spending his spare time with the guys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

This from UND Facebook page. Always duckies and bunnies for those over there 

Win or lose... fan forever! Go Sioux! They played their hearts out tonight! Thank you boys you're doing awesome!

I say this with all due love and respect... but.....

The people who comment on there are 9.9 times out of 10... the dumbest sacks of stupidity I have ever heard of being even remotely associated with hockey.....

Just vapid voids of lifeforms. Mostly all just trying to kiss the ass of the players moms who are there all the time so they can pretend they're "connected" to the program.

That and sell each other handmade pieces of garbage arts and crafts....

54 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Senden hasn’t played like he used to since the Saturday night game against the Gophers. Something is really out of whack with these guys right now.

Every game Berry puts all the forwards names in a hat and draws the line combinations for that game. I imagine Senden is getting frustrated. Last year his line completely shut down DUs top line all weekend and this year he’s playing with 2 completely different players. Some lines work and senden hain jammer works so does ness albrecht portz.