SiouxSports.com Forum

DU @ UNDon't get swept Saturday thread.

Wilbur

19 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

Berry drawing up line combos…

image.jpeg.f7d1a4108618aba94ac272d35d741399.jpeg

Here's my take on lines. I think barring injuries we go back to Senden Hain and Jammer as our shutdown line, Ness Albrecht and Portz on a line, Blake Mclaughlin and James on an all frosh line and lastly Schmaltz Gaber Caufield (possibly Kunz or Constanteni) and stick with the same lineup and let them get some chemistry instead of making wholesale line changes every week. I can't take all these line changes every single week. The players are probably frustrated and they're playing like they're frustrated. No chemistry and it's the coaches fault for making all these lineup changes every fricken series. I know we have talent. More than last year I think. Skate the piss out of the team too cause they look out of shape.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:15 PM, Sweethockey said:

Senden hasn’t played like he used to since the Saturday night game against the Gophers. Something is really out of whack with these guys right now.

Senden is much more at home on the shut down line.  Last season the Savoie line went 0 for the series in our building.  Put Senden back in his comfort zone which imo is playing shut down with Hain and Jammer and capitalizing on mistakes by the other teams top line.

6 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Here's my take on lines. I think barring injuries we go back to Senden Hain and Jammer as our shutdown line, Ness Albrecht and Portz on a line, Blake Mclaughlin and James on an all frosh line and lastly Schmaltz Gaber Caufield (possibly Kunz or Constanteni) and stick with the same lineup and let them get some chemistry instead of making wholesale line changes every week. I can't take all these line changes every single week. The players are probably frustrated and they're playing like they're frustrated. No chemistry and it's the coaches fault for making all these lineup changes every fricken series. I know we have talent. More than last year I think. Skate the piss out of the team too cause they look out of shape.

At the very least, the bottom 2 lines should be set in stone as Senden-Jammer-Hain and Albrecht-Ness-Portz.  That gives the forwards a solid defensive foundation (if they play to potential) who can play against any line.    

It's a total waste to bring someone like Senden back and play him in a role he's not suited to play (like with McLaughlin and Gaber saturday).  Hell, it wouldve been better to keep Adam Calder instead.        

6 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Absolutely not on Schmaltz-Gaber-Caulfield. I mean talk about no chemistry. It wasn’t good last season and didn’t work when they tried it this season. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SKondrashkin said:

At the very least, the bottom 2 lines should be set in stone as Senden-Jammer-Hain and Albrecht-Ness-Portz.  That gives the forwards a solid defensive foundation (if they play to potential) who can play against any line.    

It's a total waste to bring someone like Senden back and play him in a role he's not suited to play (like with McLaughlin and Gaber saturday).  Hell, it wouldve been better to keep Adam Calder instead.        

I am all for the all freshman line also. Blake Mclaughlin and james. They would imo create a lot of offense.

58 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I am all for the all freshman line also. Blake Mclaughlin and james. They would imo create a lot of offense.

I just don't know who's going to sustain play on this line. James has shown a little bit of the "getter" mentality, but not consistently. Blake, McLaughlin, and Hainer, maybe?

I’ve thought about it, and these are a couple lines I personally would try if I was in charge :lol::

17-8-9

26-22-28

*I decided that since so far both of Caulfield’s goals this season came off great passes by James that we should give them some more time on the same line. If we want 22 and 9 on different lines putting McLaughlin at center with these 2 made sense. The other line we’ve tried before but was what was leftover in my head so I just went with it. *

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I just don't know who's going to sustain play on this line. James has shown a little bit of the "getter" mentality, but not consistently. Blake, McLaughlin, and Hainer, maybe?

McLaughlin's vision along with Blake's slipperiness in tight. James would have to show some grit but I would like to see this line combo. Hain imo belngs with Senden and Jammer.

1 hour ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

We already have enough def issues. 22-9 are -11 for the season.  Fwds have to be responsible in the def zone as well as defensemen. 

Pairing 9 & 22 with more responsible defensive players just enables irresponsible defensive play by them. Put them on a line along with 26 and force them to grow their game defensively.

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

Pairing 9 & 22 with more responsible defensive players just enables irresponsible defensive play by them. Put them on a line along with 26 and force them to grow their game defensively.

The offensive upside is definitely there if they can grow their defensive game and play 200 feet.

13 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Put the three freshmen on the top line. Senden, jammer, hain back together. Schmaltz Gaber and Judd/Portz 4th line can be whatever you want it to be.

we should be more concerned with our defense, especially with Kleven out now.

Everyone wants to keep calling out the def.  On Sat night how many pucks got turned over in the neutral zone by fwds or fwds flying the zone without full control of the puck. All 5 players have to play accountable in the d zone first. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Everyone wants to keep calling out the def.  On Sat night how many pucks got turned over in the neutral zone by fwds or fwds flying the zone without full control of the puck. All 5 players have to play accountable in the d zone first. 

Last year Denver was in almost the exact same position as we are right now.  They were able to right the ship and hopefully if our coaching staff can get some stability to our line combos we will also be able to right our ship.

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’ve thought about it, and these are a couple lines I personally would try if I was in charge :lol::

17-8-9

26-22-28

*I decided that since so far both of Caulfield’s goals this season came off great passes by James that we should give them some more time on the same line. If we want 22 and 9 on different lines putting McLaughlin at center with these 2 made sense. The other line we’ve tried before but was what was leftover in my head so I just went with it. *

Operative words ‘great passes’. Maybe others could try that! Who knows what could happen!

Our D is a dumpster FIRE!

I have no idea what the coaches see in Moore and Johnson ,#4 wants to play forward, #6 still looks like a true freshman on the ice.

Someone made the mistake of telling Frisch that he is a good player,  I liked him a lot better when he was competing for ice time. (Played harder with more attention to detail)

Sidorsky and Farmer look like pylons after about the first 30 seconds of every shift.

We need more BOMBS from Kleven.

This was supposed to be our strength, The D corps is where it all starts.  Jackson needs to get this crew to pull their heads out of their derrière's and the forwards will follow.  

The positive is our goaltending,  Deridder and Hellsten are playing well enough for us to win. 

Your top 5 guys talent wise of the forwards.....Schmaltz Blake McLaughlin Gaber Constantini. 6th IMO is Hain but he's better suited with Jamernik and Senden so then you move on to James to round out the top 6. Top 2 lines from those 6. Sendo shutdown line then Caulfield Ness and Portz for now.