SiouxSports.com Forum

DU @ UNDon't get swept Saturday thread.

Wilbur

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Have to stop giving favor and minutes to what players did last year......if you've been a Gong Show the first 11 games expect to have a reduced role. 

Did anyone hear Costantini’s name called much tonight? I sure didn’t. To be fair, there were a lot of guys’ names not called much tonight. 

5 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

This from UND Facebook page. Always duckies and bunnies for those over there 

Win or lose... fan forever! Go Sioux! They played their hearts out tonight! Thank you boys you're doing awesome!

There’s a CC page on FB that’s just like that. We nicknamed it the “Rah Rah” page.

Out of frustration and just weariness over reading the same types of posts, my buddy went and started another CC hockey discussion page where fans can be open and honest and yes, critical without being brow beaten as “not true Tigers hockey fans.” 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Win or lose... fan forever! Go Sioux! They played their hearts out tonight! Thank you boys you're doing awesome!

Juice boxes and orange slices for everyone 

6 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I’d argue the contrary, that they did not play their hearts out. Did anyone see Jandric half ass it back late in the game and a DU player raced back and darn near beat out an icing? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Tonight would be a good time for one of those patented "players only" meetings to figure things out.

Bring in the General for a players’ only meeting! I recall Steph Pattyn having one of those one year and things turned around.

23 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone hear Hennessy’s comments in the post game show just now about how these losses stick with the fans much more than with the players? I wonder what he was driving at? Are we as fans overreacting? Are we out of line for being frustrated? 

Not out of line, just need to realize things can change on a dime.  There is a reason Duluth hasn’t won a league title in over 30 years but has been known as one of the top teams in the country over the last decade.  You need to find a way to make the tourney and be playing your best hockey then.  I’m holding hope that Moore, Frisch and Kleven will take major steps forward which has been one of our problems so far.  Good play in the defensive end will lead to better transition out of the zone and hopefully spending more time in the offensive end.

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I’d argue the contrary, that they did not play their hearts out. Did anyone see Jandric half ass it back late in the game and a DU player raced back and darn near beat out an icing? 

That’s what I’m getting at. Not sure what those folks were watching over there 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I thought the same at first, but actually he was smart because if he would have gone faster the ref would have waived the icing off because he would have been able to get the puck.  It barely crossed the line as it was, but since he let the guy close the gap, the ref had to recognize who was ahead at the dot.

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone hear Hennessy’s comments in the post game show just now about how these losses stick with the fans much more than with the players? I wonder what he was driving at? Are we as fans overreacting? Are we out of line for being frustrated? 

I think to some degree it’s possible, yes. Reading the board at times seems like a rollercoaster. Everyone gets their opinion, but I believe it’s never as bad, or as good, as ‘the posted opinions’.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

He was saying the players are less frustrated because they know they can play better and control that themselves, thus have less apprehension about what the future holds.

24 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Did anyone hear Costantini’s name called much tonight? I sure didn’t. To be fair, there were a lot of guys’ names not called much tonight. 

He was out there for a hot garbage defensive shift where his d man almost scored like three times and I didn't see him after that.  Talk about a guy that's struggling. 

Unfortunately, we're not who we used to be, but hopefully we can get there again. I thought going into the year we were going to be a Penrose repeat, but after the last 3 series and the debacle of Las vegas, we're a fast sinking ship. 

With every series going fwd, I've got to believe Barry is on a shrinking leash.