SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Youngstown 10/8/22

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND football and Bubba need to grow a pair and beat road opponents whether it’s the opponent’s homecoming or not …

Completely agree.  You want to be taken seriously you've got to kick @ss on the road a time or two.  I'd love to see us come out, take the ball, and just drive it down their throats right away.  Be the better team from the first snap.  

• Like 2

Through five games UND is giving up an average of 31 points a game.  Need to see some improvement if they want to be considered more than a one and done playoff team at best.  If the defense continues at its current pace than they’re likely to go 2-4 or 3-3 in the final six games which means they will miss the playoffs again this season. This would be a good week to seeing some improvement in that area. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, rochsioux said:

Through five games UND is giving up an average of 31 points a game.  Need to see some improvement if they want to be considered more than a one and done playoff team at best.  If the defense continues at its current pace than they’re likely to go 2-4 or 3-3 in the final six games which means they will miss the playoffs again this season. This would be a good week to seeing some improvement in that area. 

YSU should remedy our defensive scoring average. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, rochsioux said:

We are 3-2 and ranked, I challenge you to post something positive. 

By the numbers.  Combined NDSU/Duquesne/Dayton numbers for the Penguin(Dirty Birds) QBs is 37 of 67 (55% completion) for 523 yards. Average completion is 14.14 yards.  Average yards thru the air is 174 per those 3 games.  NDSU is really good, Dayton is really "not so good" and Duquesne is somewhere in-between, probably closer to Dayton than NDSU.  The Dirty Birds threw for 248 vrs Dayton, 154 vrs Duquesne, 121 vrs NDSU.  (9 of 24 for 134 yards vrs Kentucky, but not putting too much into that game)

I would like to think we can give up less passing yards than Duquesne (154) and that should bode well for us.  Rushing yards for Dirty Bird's QB position is 32 vrs Dayton, 23 vrs Duquesne, and -3 vrs Bison.  So, the QB isn't going to run around all day like NAU or be a threat like Mo. State.  Also good news for us, que Sack City.

I think we can contain their RB and not let him beat us.  The game probably falls on Danny and the Offense putting up some points.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, forksandspoons said:

I’m guessing they’re really going to sell out to stop our run game. Need to hit on a few deep balls and draw a couple of PI calls. 

If you (any one of you, not just forksandspoons) were asked, "What is the strength of UND's offense?", what would your response be?

• The Sicatoka changed the title to UND @ Youngstown 10/8/22