SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming

shep

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Not much hype here for homecoming week

Yeah that’s what happens when you get blown out by a team that lost to Incarnate Word …

This is a recurrent issue with Bubba’s teams (and really all the DI UND football teams) … they aren’t consistent and can’t build any momentum to get fans excited.

UND will have to earn back the masses on Saturday with a big time performance. The diehards posting on this forum don’t count … we’re talking about getting the laypersons around Grand Forks excited and interested about UND football again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah that’s what happens when you get blown out by a team that lost to Incarnate Word …

This is a recurrent issue with Bubba’s teams (and really all the DI UND football teams) … they aren’t consistent and can’t build any momentum to get fans excited.

UND will have to earn back the masses on Saturday with a big time performance. The diehards posting on this forum don’t count … we’re talking about getting the laypersons around Grand Forks excited and interested about UND football again. 

Homecoming...... Top 10 team coming in......nice fall weather for tailgating.....noon game........If that's not enough to get you out to the game this weekend, not sure what will.   (Free Thundersticks?!!!!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Homecoming...... Top 10 team coming in......nice fall weather for tailgating.....noon game........If that's not enough to get you out to the game this weekend, not sure what will.   (Free Thundersticks?!!!!

Crowd should be decent … but if they witness a blowout that UND is on the wrong side of … well, then that changes things for the rest of the year. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I feel like our homecoming is never like overly hyped compared to other games. USD has D-Days for homecoming and let me tell you, that’s a time. SDSU has Hobodays, never been for that. 

I agree with this.  When I was a student, it never felt like a big deal tbh. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

When we win in 2 days I am going straight to "being seeded" with "1st round bye", 100%. :D  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

SIU could easily win the Valley title so I would reconsider throwing shade. UIW has a pretty good team this year too…..

18 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I feel like our homecoming is never like overly hyped compared to other games. USD has D-Days for homecoming and let me tell you, that’s a time. SDSU has Hobodays, never been for that. 

Tailgating is usually packed for homecoming. The airplane usually makes an appearance. It is what we make it.