SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming

shep

4 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Missouri State’s offense worries me. Shelly is a beast. I think (hope) our offense can take advantage of their LBs though. 

I think the best way to pull off a win is through time of possession. Hold on to the ball for as long as possible, execute in the red zone, and keep the ball out of Shelley's hands. 

• Upvote 2

If they aren’t ready to play - it’ll get ugly early and the Buzz will be NO Buzz in the Alerus. As stated earlier by many - it’s a playoff game. We lose tomorrow and Vegas odds to make playoffs go down drastically AND then even IF we make it. It’ll end up being on the Road where we Suck vs a very formidable opponent!!

Another thing- this stretch of Missouri St.’s schedule is also a grind for them.  Two losses in a row to Arkansas and SDSU.  Than us, SIU and UNI (after a bye).  A loss for them tomorrow puts added importance on their next two.  Really for both teams tomorrow is a must win and we will be facing a very hungry and talented team.  Be there, be loud and help the boys out anyway we can. 

• Upvote 2

I talk regularly to some people in the Missouri State athletic department and they are fired up for this ballgame on Saturday! Coach Petrino had one of the grad assistants clip all of the North Dakota celebrations during and after the MSU/UND playoff game in 2020 and he has been playing them all week long. They have identified individual UND players who celebrated at certain points and have been talking all week about payback. Bobby himself was not happy with the MSU win last year and is still bent on getting revenge for 2020. They are putting everything into the emotion and revenge factor in terms of their focus. I think Bobby's handshake with Bubba pregame will be curt.

As Bobby Petrino once said about going to Tuscaloosa when he was at Arkansas: We aren't coming to paint! It should be a fun game. Go Bears!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

I talk regularly to some people in the Missouri State athletic department and they are fired up for this ballgame on Saturday! Coach Petrino had one of the grad assistants clip all of the North Dakota celebrations during and after the MSU/UND playoff game in 2020 and he has been playing them all week long. They have identified individual UND players who celebrated at certain points and have been talking all week about payback. Bobby himself was not happy with the MSU win last year and is still bent on getting revenge for 2020. They are putting everything into the emotion and revenge factor in terms of their focus. I think Bobby's handshake with Bubba pregame will be curt.

As Bobby Petrino once said about going to Tuscaloosa when he was at Arkansas: We aren't coming to paint! It should be a fun game. Go Bears!

Bobby should worry about winning a playoff game before trying to get revenge for past playoff losses……

3 hours ago, Papa Smurf said:

If they aren’t ready to play - it’ll get ugly early and the Buzz will be NO Buzz in the Alerus. As stated earlier by many - it’s a playoff game. We lose tomorrow and Vegas odds to make playoffs go down drastically AND then even IF we make it. It’ll end up being on the Road where we Suck vs a very formidable opponent!!

Just have to outbid your opponent to get a home playoff game!

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Bobby should worry about winning a playoff game before trying to get revenge for past playoff losses……

In some ways that is fair but what he has done to turnaround Missouri State is nothing short of phenomenal. He might be 0-2 in the playoffs right now but if he stays at Missouri State for the long term, he will have a great postseason mark in no time.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

In some ways that is fair but what he has done to turnaround Missouri State is nothing short of phenomenal. He might be 0-2 in the playoffs right now but if he stays at Missouri State for the long term, he will have a great postseason mark in no time.

Have lots of family in Springfield and they would agree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Green said:

It kind of puts a little perspective on all the complaining that goes on about funding for UND Football.  It could be a lot worse.

We'd have 5 national championships if we could have only gotten to Phase 4 by now.

2 hours ago, Da Bears said:

I really hope this is accurate and that's what they are focusing on. Actually pretty funny if true.

It does emphasizes a huge need for UND to get off to a solid start and drain that emotion in the first quarter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Da Bears said:

Painting Petrino as the guy on the high road vs Bubba. I think I have seen it all now.  :blink:

3 hours ago, Da Bears said:

Thanks for the insight and for stopping by.  Will you be in town for the game?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I really hope this is accurate and that's what they are focusing on. Actually pretty funny if true.

It does emphasizes a huge need for UND to get off to a solid start and drain that emotion in the first quarter.

They are locked in. It looks like the charter flight just landed about half an hour ago and from what I have been told, they are going east immediately from landing at GFK right past the Red River into Minnesota. They are going to do all their prep work and walk thrus outside of North Dakota. Coach is a little paranoid about prying eyes and isn't messing around this week. 

2 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

They are locked in. It looks like the charter flight just landed about half an hour ago and from what I have been told, they are going east immediately from landing at GFK right past the Red River into Minnesota. They are going to do all their prep work and walk thrus outside of North Dakota. Coach is a little paranoid about prying eyes and isn't messing around this week. 

Seriously?  

3 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

We informed the aerospace students and drones are in the air. :D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

Someone who wants to watch practice will never find them……

17 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

I actually appreciate the insight so don't take my comments as a shot at you.

Assuming the whole thing is just a bit at this point, but this is even funnier to think about.
Where are the planning on doing that? EGF? Crookston?