SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming

shep

Pulling out my wrinkled rain coat and half chewed cigar ...

Bobby wouldn't put his team on a natural surface that they hadn't checked out first, so turf would be the next logical ... 
So turf in Greater Grand Forks is The Al, Pollard, Memorial, Cushman, or EGF HS. 
And he wouldn't go all da way to UM-Crookston, would he? He might be that crazy, but that's grass. 
So let's drive over to EGF HS and look ...

... and just one more thing ... 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I actually appreciate the insight so don't take my comments as a shot at you.

Assuming the whole thing is just a bit at this point, but this is even funnier to think about.
Where are the planning on doing that? EGF? Crookston?

I am not sure about the itinerary or the accomodations. Just going off of what I heard and what Flightaware shows. When Terry Allen was the head ball coach I accidentally gave away the location of their hotel in Normal one time and some Redbird fans pestered the team. I got a talking to from the SID at the time when they found out it was me.

16 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

Unfortunately no. I wanted to back in the summer but Grand Forks is really far away. Alerus looks nice from the games I have watched though. 

You should've.
After you could've had a few beers at Engelstad watching exhibition hockey to drown away the memory of a Bears loss. ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Da Bears said:

I am not sure about the itinerary or the accomodations. Just going off of what I heard and what Flightaware shows. When Terry Allen was the head ball coach I accidentally gave away the location of their hotel in Normal one time and some Redbird fans pestered the team. I got a talking to from the SID at the time when they found out it was me.

Hope you can make it up here the next time the Bears come to Forks. I hope to get down to Springfield eventually, but apparently it will be a while before UND plays there again. 

Back from vacation, it was a good week to be gone that's for sure.  The boards have been about as much of a s**t show as the game last Saturday. The Sunday after the NAU game I didn't feel good about the SIU game at all, at that time I felt we probably had a better chance of beating Missouri State even though they just came off a great game against Arkansas, it just kind of felt like the SIU game might a clunker.  Hoping we see a different UND team tomorrow.  Need to win these next two and get into the Bye week at 4-2 and get some things figured out, and maybe pull off an upset against SDSU.   Might be wishful thinking, but I'm not ready to give up on the season just yet. Our defense scares me though, our opposing OC's must love scheming us up during the week.  Hoping Red gets more than 3 touches tomorrow.    

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Back from vacation, it was a good week to be gone that's for sure.  The boards have been about as much of a s**t show as the game last Saturday. The Sunday after the NAU game I didn't feel good about the SIU game at all, at that time I felt we probably had a better chance of beating Missouri State even though they just came off a great game against Arkansas, it just kind of felt like the SIU game might a clunker.  Hoping we see a different UND team tomorrow.  Need to win these next two and get into the Bye week at 4-2 and get some things figured out, and maybe pull off an upset against SDSU.   Might be wishful thinking, but I'm not ready to give up on the season just yet. Our defense scares me though, our opposing OC's must love scheming us up during the week.  Hoping Red gets more than 3 touches tomorrow.    

Agree.  Needs to get the running game going.  OL needs to step up.

On 9/28/2022 at 1:39 PM, Hardcore Hawk said:

Took me a little longer this week to watch any film on Missouri State, I was feeling down after a lifeless game on Saturday. Finally got to it today, here's what I saw from Mo St:

Offense

• Mo State will drop 8 into coverage on passing downs, opportunity for delayed handoffs to pick up chunk yards
  • I have a feeling this game we’ll see Danny unload some gadget plays. Seems like these games, when we play a good opponent at home, are when Danny dials up the trickeration
  • Average linebackers for Missouri St, especially in run game, o-line needs to get to second level, lock on, and push them to the third and fourth level

Defense/Special Teams

• Shelley will probably have 7-8 rushes that pick up first downs. On the other 50 plays, we need to rein him in. 
  • They run a lot out of 4 receiver sets, spreading defense out. Need to clog run lanes up the middle
  • Broken record, but corners and safeties NEED to get on the same page, love taking deep shots on early downs
  • SDSU had two missed field goals in the first half, we need to execute on special teams

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well, they go hand in hand, ya know?

Win against top 10 Missouri State and you’ll see the theme change a bit. 

Oh ya for sure. But I wasn't expecting multiple hockey fans to come over and have a fight with the football fans. Don't think I've seen it quite like that since I've been on here. I was planning on catching up on all off the 20 plus pages I didn't read on the SIU - UND game thread but I did why Kelly said and just flushed it, along with the other thread.  And I'm not saying there wasn't some good reason for the boards to be pretty fiesty after last Saturday, there was. I'm hoping our team comes out and surprises us today, in a good way! 

11 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

A win is mandatory today… Go hawks!

I agree, we need it.   Unfortunately I'm not feeling lucky today,  but then I predicted a win last week so maybe the football gods do the opposite of what I expect.

• Upvote 1

We need to score early and often, if we do we win 37-34 in a classic home barn burner. However if we don’t score early and Mo State dictates tempo. 17-38 loss. Our young o-line and receivers need to play big in big today and our D needs to bend on not break, force them to be impatient on offense and thus force them to make mistakes. 

10 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

We need to score early and often, if we do we win 37-34 in a classic home barn burner. However if we don’t score early and Mo State dictates tempo. 17-38 loss. Our young o-line and receivers need to play big in big today and our D needs to bend on not break, force them to be impatient on offense and thus force them to make mistakes. 

I would agree.  O needs to come out hot, we need to play with the lead in this one.  MO ST will score points.