SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

4 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Jason Herter

Interesting, but I still see UW going after Fersch and Herter taking over WMU.

UW can not miss on this. That's why I think it'll be a known quantity HC or a B1G assistant. 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Long-shot dark horse: NMU HC. (Former Gopher)

I will genuinely be surprised if Hastings doesn't retire at Mankato. Never say never, but he and his wife seem very committed to being in Kato. When it didn't get past the rumbling stage last year with BU, I pretty much thought he'd be with us for the long haul.

As far as Potulny...the NMU teams have underacheived so much under him that I don't think he'd even be a lock for MN. He's having a decent run over the past month and a half, but this season was looking like a disaster for him.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Maybe, but UMD was very good with Herter, and WMU has improved greatly since Herter was brought on as an assistant coach.

If they don't bring in a proven commodity or at least a B10 assistant, I think their fans will riot. I mean, I'm cheering for that because it would be entertaining. I just don't think it will happen.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Only way I could see Sandelin leave Duluth for Bucky is if they paid him a lot more money (which they could afford to do). 

Maybe they'll offer him a G5 airplane...and lots of money.

image.jpeg.9ab5da8ce52cf11063de86119b9ad0a3.jpeg

I just saw a tweet from Todd Milewski that Mark Osiecki is out as well. Hasn’t he been a pretty successful assistant coach wherever he’s been for the most part? I think he might have been an assistant at UND at one time. 

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I just saw a tweet from Todd Milewski that Mark Osiecki is out as well. Has  the been a pretty successful assistant coach wherever he’s been for the most part? I think he might have been an assistant at UND at one time. 

One year. Blais' first title (1996-97). 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I remember Osiecki always had a memorable Don't F with me look running past the student section up to JK for the games.  I recall thinking that he was a dude you wouldn't want to mess with.

It would seem that your memory is spot on.

Germany Vs Slovakia Deutschland Cup Stock Pictures, Royalty-free Photos ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Whoa. They do have a couple recruits we should look at. Whitlaw…Buckberger should be contacted immediately 

In addition to the two you mentioned maybe Palodichuk and goalie Castro as far as next year guys, Godbout is a guy I like too but maybe after another year of juniors. Future recruits Finley, Uhlenkamp, Brink, Skahan. Cleveland is a big stay at home D with the development team too.

Of immediate interest to me is their roster and potential portal shopping. Stramel and Ceulemans are 2 I would have interest in, maybe LaMaster with our defensive needs.