SiouxSports.com Forum

Albany Regional - UND/MSUM/ND/Harvard

brianvf

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Okay line wise.  Love Senden but he's not top 6.  Here's how I would run things Thursday:

Gaber-Ford-Judd

Matteo-Schmaltz-Calder

Senden-Jammer-Portz

Kunz-Ness-Albrecht

Really late in the ball game to run different lines but that's been every game for this team.  

Agree, Senden is as a solid shutdown energy guy, a must for a 3rd or 4th liner 

9 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

so bummed.  I am going to be on a plane on Thursday, and if this game was on ESPN2, I'd be able to watch from the air.

Probably not enough bandwidth to stream it on a plane but you could try.  Otherwise you could listen to the radio broadcast. 

6 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Sounds like Sanderson is done for the year. Hand surgery. 

I was told that the surgery was done right away to give Sandy any chance at all to play at the Frozen Four. Still skating to keep his wind, just in case. With that said, it's all but certain he's done.

Our D has got to do a better job of clearing out the front of our net.  Western was standing in front of our net tipping pucks and getting sticks on rebounds all game because our defense were not clearing the Western players from in front of our net.  Gonna be a long game if we don't clear out the front of our net.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Our D has got to do a better job of clearing out the front of our net.  Western was standing in front of our net tipping pucks and getting sticks on rebounds all game because our defense were not clearing the Western players from in front of our net.  Gonna be a long game if we don't clear out the front of our net.

Given that WMU is the heaviest team in college hockey, it was a particularly bad game to be without UND's two biggest defensemen. 

14 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Yeah, we really shouldn't need three guys chasing the puck behind the net...

16 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

This is where we lost the game to WMU for certain. Hopefully the coaches have had them working on that this week. Notre Dame is bigger than us so it has to be stressed. Also clearing the zone is huge. Notre is very good at capitalizing on clearing and breakout turnovers. 

57 minutes ago, burd said:

I don't know The Lord Almighty very well, but I'm a little nervous that ND might have the advantage on matters of chance, like bounces, deflections, etc.   

They've had hockey for say 50 years, so an Intervention is overdue.    My thinking is that BC got all of Notre Dame's luck ... 01, 06, 07, 08, etc etc

40 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Just for the sake of being accurate. D Bennett Zmolek has been injured for about a month. And MSU played tournament team BSU on Feb 25 and 26...the last tourney team was not in January.

2 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Just for the sake of being accurate. D Bennett Zmolek has been injured for about a month. And MSU played tournament team BSU on Feb 25 and 26...the last tourney team was not in January.

I think you mean MTU.  ;)