SiouxSports.com Forum

Albany Regional - UND/MSUM/ND/Harvard

brianvf

I have a no idea what happened to Sanderson’s hand but man it would really be something if he would be able to play in the regional. I understand word is he is not but man that would be great if he could go. 

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I have a no idea what happened to Sanderson’s hand but man it would really be something if he would be able to play in the regional. I understand word is he is not but man that would be great if he could go. 

For all practical purposes, we are working with someone else's tool now.  UND hockey's rep is that it provides top notch development for the player and that it takes professional level care of the product for the team that drafted him.  

• Upvote 4

Per Schloss's Twitter he's confident Jake will not play in Albany.  If that's the case does UND even need him when they get to the F4? He would have missed 17 game to that point.

• Upvote 1

With Kleven back you can mix him and Jandric with Frisch with Moore,  spotting in Bast and Ferner, but you can't get caught with your 4th line and Ferner and Johnson on the ice like what happened against Western after we took the lead early.

Jeff Jackson knows hockey, better be ready to dump the puck and hit em.  

36 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

We lucked out with our bracket. Least intimidating #1 seed and neither lower seeds had a second half surge.

Minnesota found out last year what a shutdown team can do to the so-called intimidating teams.  If I’m not mistaken, Notre Dame swept the intimidating Michigan team when they were trying to win a league championship for the first time in a while.  In the NCAA tourney, many times the intimidating teams are the ones that can play shutdown defense, which is why Duluth is a contender again.

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This team's best stretch of hockey was the month of February

We will have Albrecht back which is huge so we have another good checking line that can create offense on the forecheck. Albrecht reminds me of Poganski he hits clean and very hard. Huge to have him back to reunite 4th line

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

We will have Albrecht back which is huge so we have another good checking line that can create offense on the forecheck. Albrecht reminds me of Poganski he hits clean and very hard. Huge to have him back to reunite 4th line

I heard some guy say something once about not always having the best players, but having the right ones. I think he was an okay hockey guy too. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I heard some guy say something once about not always having the best players, but having the right ones. I think he was an okay hockey guy too. :)

The way I look at it is the Albrecht line is what the Senden line was before Hain got hurt. Jammer has become a good offensive threat with Senden but they’re one musketeer short. The Albrecht line with Portz and ness is that heavy line no one wants to play against. 

Okay line wise.  Love Senden but he's not top 6.  Here's how I would run things Thursday:

Gaber-Ford-Judd

Matteo-Schmaltz-Calder

Senden-Jammer-Portz

Kunz-Ness-Albrecht

Really late in the ball game to run different lines but that's been every game for this team.  

• Upvote 2