SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

My understanding is that ndsu will be the 2nd seed if they win this Saturday 

Yes. Need NDSU to lose.

I think the tiebreak goes to record against the 4th place team.

If NDSU wins I don't think we can get there.

Would need USD to lose to UMKC and Denver to beat Omaha which would create a tie for 4th-5th which USD would win since they were 2-0 against ORU and DU was 0-2 against them and we split with USD while the bison swept them.

10 hours ago, petey23 said:

Yes. Need NDSU to lose.

I think the tiebreak goes to record against the 4th place team.

If NDSU wins I don't think we can get there.

Would need USD to lose to UMKC and Denver to beat Omaha which would create a tie for 4th-5th which USD would win since they were 2-0 against ORU and DU was 0-2 against them and we split with USD while the bison swept them.

Not sure if that is true. Ties are broken from the top down.  UND & NDSU both win, UMKC beats USD & Denver beats Omaha, UND would be the 2 seed.  UND & NDSU would both be 3-1 against USD & Denver (the 2 teams tied for 4th), 1-1 against ORU (the 6th place team), so it comes down to the record against Omaha (the 7th place team) and UND swept Omaha & NDSU split with Omaha.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, goyotes said:

Not sure if that is true. Ties are broken from the top down.  UND & NDSU both win, UMKC beats USD & Denver beats Omaha, UND would be the 2 seed.  UND & NDSU would both be 3-1 against USD & Denver (the 2 teams tied for 4th), 1-1 against ORU (the 6th place team), so it comes down to the record against Omaha (the 7th place team) and UND swept Omaha & NDSU split with Omaha.  

Good info. I wasn't sure if they broke the tie for fourth first?

6 minutes ago, goyotes said:

Here are the tiebreaking procedures, per the Summit League website:

1. Results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
  2. Comparison of each tied team's record against the team occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage.
  3. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group's own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
  4. If a tie still cannot be broken after applying criteria (1), (2) and (3), it will be broken by comparing each tied team's RPI (based upon the RPIratings.com Report issued on the morning following the last regular season League game).

So you are applying the 3rd criteria in this situation

• Upvote 1

Just now, SIOUX29 said:

Two or Three, does it matter?  You will still be opposite SDSU either way, right?

Two seed plays Saturday, Three seed plays Sunday.

2 seed would play 3 games in 4 days.  3 seed would play 3 games in 3 days.

If SDSU goes to the NCAAs: WNIT autobid if you are the 2 seed vs who knows if you go to a postseason if you are the 3 seed

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Frustrating afternoon for the women in St. Paul

officiating there was..... questionable

Sure sounds like it. At one time St Tom had attempted 27 ft’s to UND’s 10. They ended up attempting 31 ft’s (so exciting for the fans to watch!) to our 19.

Poorly officiated game all the way around especially end of 3 and beginning of the 4. We still had our chances to come back but couple of call were three point errors against us. I sure hope that conference has some grading on officiating because there has to be some account ability to get refereeing better. What I saw there were blown calls both ways but it sure looked like homer job to get home team. Back into the game. I don’t believe that was the case but I believe officials were not position to make good call. Second we’re seeing too many flops or fall downs to get a call. 
the bottom line is we need to g et ready for the tournament and win our first game or otherwise all hard work put in for the year just goes away. I believe if we can win two games in the tournament we could be looking at post season play. Who knows what happens if we get to championship game we have opportunity to win the conference and that’s why we play the games.

this has been good year and program is getting better and our young players are looking to make that next step forward next season. The players that are coming back next year know they can compete and played enough to know what they need to work on for the coming season. All we need to do is win get our opportunities to play in the post season to finish out this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regardless of how the regular season finished, and how the SLT goes, I think you guys have a good shot at a WNIT bid.  Nothing guaranteed like with NDSU, of course.  But often that tournament has to go deep into their wish list to get teams.  For some reason, eligible P-5 teams often turn their noses up at it.  Pretty arrogant, if you ask me.  Post-season opportunities are a nice reward for your players' hard work, and provide valuable experience IMHO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kiyoat said:

Regardless of how the regular season finished, and how the SLT goes, I think you guys have a good shot at a WNIT bid.  Nothing guaranteed like with NDSU, of course.  But often that tournament has to go deep into their wish list to get teams.  For some reason, eligible P-5 teams often turn their noses up at it.  Pretty arrogant, if you ask me.  Post-season opportunities are a nice reward for your players' hard work, and provide valuable experience IMHO.

Worse case, they should get a WBI bid and with that comes 3 guarantee games.

I hope they can get in... and make a run no matter where.