SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

The schools must pretty much know what's going to happen before these shows go on because how else could they get this settled in few hours and agree to be part of these tournaments. Also, they have only few days to book travel and get to their designations. Especially the Wnit where the teams get to bid on hosting games. Maybe somebody knows how all this works.

On 3/10/2023 at 11:58 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

Exactly:  Hurst, Beal, Aumer, Vanderwal, McCarthy need all the reps that they can get.

I took a look at the players minutes in conference tournaments and WBI for a few teams last year and the distribution looked the same in both. It would make sense to get reps for the players who will be here next year but who knows what the plan is?

How does this tournament work is there entrance fee to cover costs and do they have a payout if there is profit to the teams. I am curious or is just cost you so much to enter the tournament. If $35,000.00 is going to make or break the athletic department UND should be then working very hard to increase revenues because they need to get some positive news out there to promote the school and students and state can look to as source of pride. Especially with quality individuals they have on this team representing us.

5 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

How does this tournament work is there entrance fee to cover costs and do they have a payout if there is profit to the teams. I am curious or is just cost you so much to enter the tournament. If $35,000.00 is going to make or break the athletic department UND should be then working very hard to increase revenues because they need to get some positive news out there to promote the school and students and state can look to as source of pride. Especially with quality individuals they have on this team representing us.

Was told $15k entrance fee donor funded

estimated after hotel stays food travel etc about $20k for that

the wbi is a business. They will get profits. Und won’t get any money but exposure (if we win)  and the expierence is priceless

• Upvote 1

I was looking at the rosters of lower bracket that UND will play and could potentially play. Cal Baptist is starts pretty tall that i think will present match up problem for us by their roster heights start 2 six-foot girls and two girls 5-10&11 and 5 -9 guard and first player in 5-8 and then they do have another 6-0 player that plays some minutes. Georgia Souther has a lot of height and appears to play number of girls. Northern Illinois also starts 3 girls at six feet or better and comparing this to upper bracket the teams are slightly smaller than average. The positive with these teams is they have beat and also lost games against common opponents but for most part the games were fairly close one way or another. So, i believe if we play up to our abilities, we should have good chance to beat these teams but were going to need to play good defense and do a good job boxing out and rebounding the basketball. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Girls having a tough half. I hope they can turn it around.  I think if we want to take the next step coach is going to need to start recruiting some height. Can't keep recruiting guards.  

That maybe so but shooting % is the difference in this game.  But they need some stops to get back in this game.

21 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Girls having a tough half. I hope they can turn it around.  I think if we want to take the next step coach is going to need to start recruiting some height. Can't keep recruiting guards.  

struggling in transition, Baptist is run, run, run...