SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'll say this:  Kacie and Mal got robbed with awards today. 

I kind of thought the same thing but I hadn't realize UND was picked 4th in the preseason poll.
Jory Nelson also probably had a case as they were picked right behind UND.
But it is tough to argue with 18-0 even if that's where you were picked with 90% of the 1st place votes.

On 2/27/2023 at 11:45 AM, kiyoat said:

Regardless of how the regular season finished, and how the SLT goes, I think you guys have a good shot at a WNIT bid.  Nothing guaranteed like with NDSU, of course.  But often that tournament has to go deep into their wish list to get teams.  For some reason, eligible P-5 teams often turn their noses up at it.  Pretty arrogant, if you ask me.  Post-season opportunities are a nice reward for your players' hard work, and provide valuable experience IMHO.

Agree, would never turn down any post-season tourney. Any time you can extend your season it can only benefit the players/team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

Does anyone have any inside information that she is even looking at UND ?  That would be a huge get for us! 

Not sure anybody really does but perhaps more wishful thinking based on a few factors?  Minn this season, although having lots of young talent, was again a dumpster fire.  UND should again be a  good team next season so not really  a step down if she went to UND vice staying at a struggling Power 5 conference team.  She perhaps would like to play one season on same team with her older sister.  UND is a bit closer to home/GF not big city lights metro area like Twin Cities so more like home for a NW Minn small town gal. Then again, maybe it’s all just conjecture. Only Kacie’s younger sister know for sure!

2 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

Does anyone have any inside information that she is even looking at UND ?  That would be a huge get for us! 

Kacie is coming back next year & I’ve heard it’s a STRONG possibility she comes here too. Whalen leaving swong the door right open… would be a very fun year for them.