SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

On 1/28/2023 at 9:59 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

They do, but I would argue that their toughest road trips are over it. 

Split next weekend Check

Sweep DU/Omaha Check

Sweep ORU/KC

Sweep WIU/UST

12-6, 19-9, and a top 3 seed

Make it so UND!

Halfway done with the checklist

HUGE... game on Thursday in the Betty.

Be there!

• Upvote 1

Back to the game today:

What UND did in the first half was excellent.  That's a team that can play their way into Tuesday Afternoon in Sioux Falls.  Kacie was on today and honestly could have scored 40 today if the score wasn't a runaway.  Juliet has really played well and it is so nice to see after those injuries.  The biggest development is that Manson is back to being a sniper again off of the bench.  That really has open things up.

Can't express this enough.  Get to the Betty on Thursday.  Fill the Damn Thing Up.  

• Upvote 1

We just need to protect home floor this next week which we have done most of the year. Also, I think it has been good that young players have been able to come in put important minutes out on the floor giving our starting 5 players rest. I think you see it in Kacie she has gotten her legs under her again and not leaving shots hitting off the front of the rim and especially on the 3. Manson has worked on her shot as year has gone along and now, she brings that element to the team of spreading the floor for our post people can drive on use their quickness down low offsetting our smaller size. The team is pretty much in control of their destiny if they just win out. It would be really nice if ORU would beat NDSU next week this would put us up game to go to get second place in the conference if we take care of business. I never would have thought that both ORU and NDSU would lose both games this weekend, but I guess should never take anything for granted in the Summit. 

On 2/5/2023 at 6:27 PM, sioux24/7 said:

My fear would be the Gophers would poach her to join her sister. 

Hey, how about her younger sister wants to be nearer home and to play one college season on a decent mid- major team with her older sister? TBH, other than by association, U Minn women’s hoops is really no where near power 5 conference caliber. This season tU Minn would be battling for a 2nd to 4th place finish in the Summit along with several other teams.

Is that guaranteed spot for WNIT based on their conference record. I didn't know that I always thought it was invitational tournament based on strength of schedule. Is that change since we have been in Big Sky conference because when we tied for conference championship, we were not invited to WNIT then and i believe we were asked to the CBI tournament and lost to Weber State which lost in the championship that year in that tournament. I sure hope we take care of the business this week if we play like we did this past week we should come out week with couple of victories. I didn't think we had shot at getting second place after we took loses to KC and losing at NDSU early in the season. We come long way in the last two seasons to where we are playing meaningful  games now at the end of the season. I sure hope they are using this for recruiting if they can bring in potential recruits for the excitement playing meaningful games.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ND-fan said:

Is that guaranteed spot for WNIT based on their conference record. I didn't know that I always thought it was invitational tournament based on strength of schedule. Is that change since we have been in Big Sky conference because when we tied for conference championship, we were not invited to WNIT then and i believe we were asked to the CBI tournament and lost to Weber State which lost in the championship that year in that tournament. I sure hope we take care of the business this week if we play like we did this past week we should come out week with couple of victories. I didn't think we had shot at getting second place after we took loses to KC and losing at NDSU early in the season. We come long way in the last two seasons to where we are playing meaningful  games now at the end of the season. I sure hope they are using this for recruiting if they can bring in potential recruits for the excitement playing meaningful games.

Automatic Berths
A team that is offered an automatic berth by the WNIT shall be the team that is a.) the highest-finishing team in its conference's regular-season standings, and b.) is not selected for the NCAA Tournament. A team that fulfills this quality will earn the WNIT automatic berth, regardless of overall or conference record.