SiouxSports.com Forum

Smelly Bulldogs

iluvdebbies

45 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I am perfectly fine with allowing hardnose hockey. Don't call the little stuff as long as you call it the same both ways. But that was a cheap shot, and could have resulted in a bad injury. It should have been called as a major to prevent the game escalating into an out-of-hand game for the refs. Basically you are saying: "anything goes!"

I said the call was consistent with how the game was called all night. I said I felt it was a major also but the call was consistent with how they called the game all night. Both teams had no calls on obvious penalties so I felt the game was called very consistently.

Berry Post Game:

-Exciting game.  2 goal leads suck.

-Special teams the difference.  Team was disciplined.  Karl's PP was good.  Showed Duluth some different looks.

-Ford quietly really good.  

-Schmaltz getting better at draws.

-Top d guys playing huge tough minutes with guys dinged up.

-#6 is getting better.  #24 too.

-We want the Penne Rosa.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

North Dakota clinches home ice!

A win tomorrow night they clinch a Top 3 seed.

A win tomorrow night AND a split next weekend, they clinch a Top 2 seed.

I imagine it is because Duluth still plays St. Cloud 3 times, so someone won’t get points.  I find it amusing that we clinched with 5 games left, when there is a part of our fan base that was certain we wouldn’t have home ice, and that was even just weeks ago after we lost to Western.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Starting to play like the team that looked good on paper back in October.   Well done boys!

Yeah! Looks to me like the team is starting to gel. We're starting to see the no-look passes and drop passes are working. Long passes are hitting sticks instead of skates most of the time. To my untrained eye, it looks like they've finally had enough time together to start working as a unit instead of five individuals.