SiouxSports.com Forum

Smelly Bulldogs

iluvdebbies

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

I don't know. I read all over these boards about how we keep missing the best recruits, and Sandy is a better coach than Berry.

I know we're in second place in the best conference in college hockey. Earlier in the season we swept the team that's in first place. And this is after losing 14 guys from the team last year. Sure, we had a drop off in goaltending, but he seems to be improving quite a bit lately. I can't imagine why. We've had a lot of injuries and lately and our best d-man has been out for juniors and the Olympics. Sure, some of the younger guys have been stepping up, but that's probably just a fluke. Frisch is on a tear. Moore made a beauty of a move to snipe a goal last night. Gaber has become quite a player. We were one of the two or three favorites to win the national title only two seasons ago before covidism shut it all down. Covid had an impact on a really good run last season, too. There are a lot of other positive things happening with the team that could be discussed. 

No. We are all assured on a daily basis that Berry can't recruit. Berry can't coach. His system is the problem, you see. Elite players can't score here. Average talent can't develop here. It should be easy to get any player we want because we are UND. We have the best facilities and the best culture and the best fans. The only reason a teenage boy could possibly decide to play hockey somewhere else is because Berry doesn't know how to recruit. Everyone knows that teenage boys have the same priorities as middle-aged men. Teenagers are also known for making really good decisions. Yet some of them choose not to play hockey in the world class city of Grand Forks, North Dakota. Berry must be the problem.

Now we have a thread suggesting Karl should be the head coach. Why? Because he's younger than Berry, and some young coaches have been hired in the NFL recently. Nothing is more important than following trends! Especially trends from the NFL!

Fire Berry! Hire Karl! 

Berry’s system doesn’t work? So how do you attribute him sending more players in the NHL than any other active college coach, including Sandy? 

49 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I’d guess that is what we’ll see tonight. 

Lot of dog fans all over the 4-1 PP discrepancy.  Like Sig used to say, Duluth is a big time "marble theory" team.  When the marbles are heavy towards one side they expect powerplays in return and therefore ended up in an NCAA diving video.  

UND didn't give the officials many opportunities to call penalties last night, and count me in the shocked boat that you didn't see a swan dive late.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Lot of dog fans all over the 4-1 PP discrepancy.  Like Sig used to say, Duluth is a big time "marble theory" team.  When the marbles are heavy towards one side they expect powerplays in return and therefore ended up in an NCAA diving video.  

UND didn't give the officials many opportunities to call penalties last night, and count me in the shocked boat that you didn't see a swan dive late.  

Honestly, it was impressive how disciplined UND played yesterday. Could it be a sign of turning the page? I hope they can do it again tonight cause we’ve all seen how off the rails the team can get when they lose composure and take stupid penalties. Duluth will be trying to sell everything tonight.

If we can bottle that 2nd period d zone magic from last night and keep that for close to 60 minutes we have a chance to grab some points tonight.  They will probably outshoot us and carry the play, but weather that and grind away shifts and we can get out of Duluth with a 3-2 win.