SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday vs CC: No Mas

Oxbow6

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I thought I was going to be in the minority but I thought he did a good job filling in for Alex. Definitely prefer Jody over the other pxp guy they had. 

Not in the minority.  Jake and Alex spend too much time chatting and not enough time focusing on the game in front of them.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

We're lucky Midco Sports has culled enough local talent to be on their staff (Jody from WDAZ, Brian Shawn from KVLY, Greg Enkers from FOX (behind the scenes/producer guy)  Jody did a great job this weekend but David Brown also did his homework and did well having never called a DI Mens game before.   He let Jake B run amok but did a good job in his PxP role.    We all love Jake expressing his opinions so what's wrong with that?

Alex is probably bound for bigger and better things - good for him - cool if a former UND announcer hits the "BigTIme" right?

Jody>David>Alex

• Upvote 1

I think Berry said it best post game.  With the lineup they had the game was much better managed by our guys.  Not a whole lot of wide open play out of our guys.  We limited rushes for CC, and when they got possession we kind of abandoned ship and settled into the 1-2-2 super early and made them beat 5 guys to just get into our end.

As a former goalie you can really appreciate the guys going all in blocking shots to get you a shutout.  With about five minutes left CC was buzzing and I think we had three different guys battling to not let the puck get to Driscoll.  It was as if we were protecting a one goal lead when the game wasn't in doubt up 4-0.

Keep battling boys.  Points in Duluth are tough to come by.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, brianvf said:

Much better PP, a few great chances.

Man, Frisch sure turned into a goal threat all of a sudden.

He has a hard, accurate shot.
Putting him (right handed) in "Ovie's Office" makes sense.
And it keeps a second D on the ice during the PP with Sanderson or Jandric running point. 

You could see the air go out of CC at 4-0. They hit the AutoStart on the bus. 

About eight minutes left I turned to person with me and said, "This team is playing for something on the scoreboard of which one does not speak at this time." They looked at scoreboard and ... said nothing, but knew, and then realized what they were seeing based on play. That team was on a mission to keep the 'zee-row' up there. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

About eight minutes left I turned to person with me and said, "This team is playing for something on the scoreboard of which one does not speak at this time." They looked at scoreboard and ... said nothing, but knew, and then realized what they were seeing based on play. That team was on a mission to keep the 'zee-row' up there. 

That's funny because with 12 minutes left the guy next to me turns and says "THINK DRISCOLL WILL GET THE SHUTOUT?!"  I responded with a large sigh "No... not anymore" SMH

It was glad to see North Dakota pull the anti-Michigan last night and win with a short roster.  No excuses, next man up, and follow through on the commitment.  Speaks greatly of the team and the coaching process.  My three stars of the night would be:  #1 Mark Poolman, #2 Defense + goaltender, and #3 Berry.  Without Poolman the conditioning would not be there, and the recovery of some of the players would not happen as it needs to happen.  I think he gets short-changed on his value to the program. If I were a parent of a potential recruit, that would be a great factor in the decision process.  I will bet that one of Jakes reasons for staying had to do with that development of his game that he could get at North Dakota.  He needed that to step into a first line D role, that he will quickly have in Ottawa.  This is why I love to watch North Dakota hockey, although there may be ups and downs, it is weekends like this that are special to the program.  Watching them give up their bodies to protect the shut out with a four- goal lead, and a depleted lineup, was awesome.  No matter what the rest of the season brings, I appreciate the game and hope for great things for this team.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

That's funny because with 12 minutes left the guy next to me turns and says "THINK DRISCOLL WILL GET THE SHUTOUT?!"  I responded with a large sigh "No... not anymore" SMH

What the heck is wrong with some people.  Even someone who knows nothing about any sport at all especially hockey should know you never mention the shut out until it is complete.  This should be taught in broadcast school also as an announcer mentioning the shut out before the game is over is even more unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

What the heck is wrong with some people.  Even someone who knows nothing about any sport at all especially hockey should know you never mention the shut out until it is complete.  This should be taught in broadcast school also as an announcer mentioning the shut out before the game is over is even more unacceptable.

But the shutout was complete. So obviously the jinx doesn't exist.

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I thought Jake was going to punch Jody when Jody brought up the possibility of the SO! 

• Like 1