SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Bracketology

farce poobah

1 hour ago, Clark17 said:

I don't mind our bracket.  I swapped 9 and 10 but the 10 - 11 swap makes more sense in the fact that the overall #1 seed's bracket remains true.

Bracket integrity was my #1 thing.  And you regardless aren't going to be able to protect #1 or #2.  They are out east.  Why punish Mankato with a possible 9 seed instead of an 11 if those teams beat ND?  

My biggest gripe is the same people that talk no on campus regionals are the same ones that worry about "helping attendance", and "protecting higher seeds". 

9 hours ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Why did they move the selection show to 6:30 pm wasn't it always 10 am?

Initially I was assuming that some (or one) conference(s) was holding their championship games today, but I see that all have been completed.  So that is kind of a head scratcher.  Especially since the regionals start a day earlier than normal.

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Worcester, Albany, Allentown … its about the same as having the regionals in Fargo, Minot, and Dickinson. 

Not kidding.

Look up distances for yourself.

Yeah having a "Midwest" Regional out east has always been a joke 

13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Initially I was assuming that some (or one) conference(s) was holding their championship games today, but I see that all have been completed.  So that is kind of a head scratcher.  Especially since the regionals start a day earlier than normal.

It’s because people complained about short notice travel and the expense of having to buy a three game pass.

They made it better by giving less travel notice/planning time and adding an extra regional hotel day as an added expense. <- NCAA logic

Changes this year: going Thu/Sat and Fri/Sun (not Fri/Sat and Sat/Sun); moved selection show time 8 hours later; 

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

They have the chance to keep it pretty close seeding wise.

Me:

Albany

1. Mich vs. 16 AIC

8. The Q. 9 The Irish

Wooster:

2. Mankato vs. 15 Harvard

7. UND vs. 11 Mass

Allentown:

3. Western vs. 14 NE

6. Goldy vs. 10 SCSU

Loveland:

4. Denver vs. 13 Lowell

5. Duluth vs. 12 Tech

This was my first guess too except I have Western Michigan's group in Albany and Michigan's group in Allentown.

To me it basically comes down to whether they want to put UND/ND & Minnesota/UMass together or UND/UMass & Minnesota/St.Cloud together. I think whether we get UMass or not probably determines whether we are in Worcester or Albany. 

37 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Isn’t the reason for the extra day between games directly because of our 5 OT game last year?

More so coaches complaining about the 1 having to play at 7 Friday and 5 Saturday, or the like. Now there’s an off day. Great for teams, bad for fans. 

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

More so coaches complaining about the 1 having to play at 7 Friday and 5 Saturday, or the like. Now there’s an off day. Great for teams, bad for fans. 

It could also be good for some fans when the regional sites are so close.  You could attend all games in two regionals. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Bracket integrity was my #1 thing.  And you regardless aren't going to be able to protect #1 or #2.  They are out east.  Why punish Mankato with a possible 9 seed instead of an 11 if those teams beat ND?  

My biggest gripe is the same people that talk no on campus regionals are the same ones that worry about "helping attendance", and "protecting higher seeds". 

With how things lined up a number 1 band team is going to get potentially punished, in this case it's WMU. My initial rationale was to leave the WMU bracket alone and in Worcester since 2 Mass. schools were already there but I failed to see 10 SCSU 11 UMASS swap and assigning MSU-M bracket to Worcester.  I will be very surprised if the bracket you laid out isn't the bracket the committee presents.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

They have the chance to keep it pretty close seeding wise.

Me:

Albany

1. Mich vs. 16 AIC

8. The Q. 9 The Irish

Wooster:

2. Mankato vs. 15 Harvard

7. UND vs. 11 Mass

Allentown:

3. Western vs. 14 NE

6. Goldy vs. 10 SCSU

Loveland:

4. Denver vs. 13 Lowell

5. Duluth vs. 12 Tech

If it’s not this we’ll need a drinking game for all the rationalizations they’ll use. 

Here’s how it’s shaking out… We were never going to be in same bracket as DU.

Allentown, Pa.
1. Michigan vs. 16. American International
8. Quinnipiac vs. 10. St. Cloud State

Albany, N.Y.
2. Minnesota State vs. 15. Harvard
7. North Dakota vs. 9. Notre Dame

Worcester, Mass.
3. Western Michigan vs. 14. Northeastern
6. Minnesota vs. 11. Massachusetts

Loveland, Colo.
4. Denver vs. 13. Massachusetts-Lowell
5. Minnesota Duluth vs. 12. Michigan Tech

34 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Allentown, Pa.

Albany, N.Y.

Worcester, Mass.

Loveland, Colo.

I don’t see this bracket happening because I don’t think the NCAA wants to take a chance at an all NCHC frozen four

38 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I don’t see this bracket happening because I don’t think the NCAA wants to take a chance at an all NCHC frozen four

That's why I think there is a chance UND ends up in Worcester playing Umass in Westerns regional.

1 hour ago, ND_Texan said:

Allentown, Pa.

Albany, N.Y.

Worcester, Mass.

Loveland, Colo.

That's what I thought last night but don't it will happen.  I think Moy/Connelly (Wilbur too) got it correct with a 10 - 11 swap and UND in Worcester.