SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Bracketology

farce poobah

25 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

That's why I think there is a chance UND ends up in Worcester playing Umass in Westerns regional.

Highly unlikely that they will be placed in Western's regional. Committee has shown in years past that they try to keep the potential regional finals at 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, 4/5.  

If the committee wants to avoid the possibility of an All-NCHC Frozen Four (which I don't believe they really care about), they can do so by pairing SCSU with Minnesota (who will almost certainly be placed with Western).  

32 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

That's why I think there is a chance UND ends up in Worcester playing Umass in Westerns regional.

Do you think they’ll put UND in same bracket as Western Michigan to set up a game with them for the 6th time? I think not.  I see us heading to Albany for a date with Notre Dame, then possibly Mankato. It makes no difference whether four teams from the NCHC make the FF. Let the cards fall where they may. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sioux rube said:

I’m out of the loop on what happened 

a clear no goal (the post was lifted for half a sec on a goal)....should've been waved off in two minutes but after the trophy was presented and whatnot they powers that be ruled it a no goal and about an hour later theyresumed the game...minny state still won in ot

The simplest bracket is straight chalk.

The only conflict is UND/SCSU. You swap SCSU and UMass. You look at that and see … 

Mankato/Harvard and UND/UMass and say Worcester because of two MA teams. 

You quietly ask Michigan “Albany or Allentown” and WMU gets the other. 

Presto. Done. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

Isn’t the reason for the extra day between games directly because of our 5 OT game last year?

It was because Motzko complained after getting owned by Mankato last year and said it wasn't fair. Meanwhile UND didn't complain and played a 5 OT game

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The only conflict is UND/SCSU. You swap SCSU and UMass. You look at that and see … 

Presto. Done. 

That’s possible but makes less sense than just putting UND up against Notre Dame in Albany. Besides “Wooster” is a crap hole. Should have never been a selected site in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

Most likely discussed previously through the years but none of the USHL venues in Iowa are interested in hosting?  That's Midwest, albeit the western edge.

east coast leftists mind..........."wtf is iowa"....put it in scranton

5 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

Most likely discussed previously through the years but none of the USHL venues in Iowa are interested in hosting?  That's Midwest, albeit the western edge.

Bid sites must hold 5000. Many USHL rinks don’t. Fargo, Sioux Falls, Green Bay do. Not sure on others that do. 

43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Presto. Done. 

Should be pretty straight forward.

Do they swap Notre Dame and SCSU or do they swap SCSU and UMass? If they swap SCSU and UMass does that then become the Worcester Regional and the Worcester Regional become the Albany Regional or even the Allentown Regional if Michigan wants Albany?

Albany: (ECAC)

Mankato vs Harvard

UND vs Michigan Tech

Worchester: (Atlantic Hockey)

Western Michigan vs Northeastern

Minnesota vs St. Cloud

Allentown: (B1G)

Michigan vs AIC

Quinnipiac vs Notre Dame

Loveland: (Denver - NCHC)

Denver vs Lowell

Duluth vs UMass

So, a flight is a flight. Looking at host teams/conferences to use that as a way to boost attendance that never happens unless certain teams host the regionals. So, the attendance argument should be thrown out every year.

Michigan and Notre Dame being at the B1G regional or Michigan and Minnesota there. With ECAC hosting in Albany send Harvard there, they could send Quinnipiac there but i see them keeping the #1 overall seeds bracket true.

I'm starting to think that when selecting teams there should be a human element in selecting 4 seeds to maybe the lowest 3 seed. Granted Ohio State didn't make it and really shouldn't have losing in the first round of the conference tournament. I would have put UConn in over Northeastern or Lowell, it should mean something if you beat a "bubble team" to make the championship, and then they get in over you after you lose the conference title game. I'd say the same for St. Cloud as well. 

30 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

You have two in Omaha/Council Bluffs (CHI Health Center and Mid-America Center), Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, T-Mobile Center and Cable Dahmer Arena in KC, and there is the NBA arena in Milwaukie that hosts a holiday Badger tournament now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

a clear no goal (the post was lifted for half a sec on a goal)....should've been waved off in two minutes but after the trophy was presented and whatnot they powers that be ruled it a no goal and about an hour later theyresumed the game...minny state still won in ot

Wow. WTH. Thanks