SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ St. Cloud State -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Not sure this is the situation you want to introduce your freshman goaltender to D-I hockey. Feel bad for the kid entering his first game under these circumstances. 

Been saying all season that they should have worked him in on a few games or gave him a start or two along the way

• Upvote 2

Given the number of guys who were scratched "Sick - non-Covid" last weekend, I'm guessing there are publicly unspoken lingering effects running through the team. Did each guy have their own water bottle? That's a tell from the old Gasparini era. There's no other excuse for the mess that was. 

Our biggest issue is we’re playing bottom line guys on top six roles. Can we put work teams and get a win any night of the week…sure, it’s college hockey. But when it matters can we get it done? Not sure, the lack of skill is concerning and a lot is placed on Sanderson to over carry this team. I see guys dumping the puck when they have 10-15 more feet to carry. Reminds me of a few years back. Tough to watch.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Our biggest issue is we’re playing bottom line guys on top six roles. Can we put work teams and get a win any night of the week…sure, it’s college hockey. But when it matters can we get it done? Not sure, the lack of skill is concerning and a lot is placed on Sanderson to over carry this team. I see guys dumping the puck when they have 10-15 more feet to carry. Reminds me of a few years back. Tough to watch.

Berry has done this a lot in his career, Rhett Gardner comes to mind being the number one center. Maybe Berry does love the grinders , dump and chase style, and can’t won’t recruit skill players for the top two lines. This team is scoring challenged most games, defense is very poor most games , goaltending is suspect and the team looks uninterested in half their games (especially fridays)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Driscoll sucks. Fire Berry. 
Do you like anyone on the team? ;) :D

Driscoll has the worst save percentage we’ve seen in many many years. So it’s not really an opinion at this point. Is he better than me? Sure. But he doesn’t seem elite enough to be playing for UND. Also, I am definitely on team #OverReact when we lose so… I’ll take that. 

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

To be perfectly fair, isn't every band that formed since Metal Health dropped a tribute to those guyz? I mean, Cum on... 

Jandric’s spear to Broadzinski’s nut sack brings up a frightening memory involving Quiet Riot…

A buddy and I went to see Quiet Riot, Ratt, Warrant, and Firehouse at the Grizzly Rose about twenty years ago and we were in the front row until…..QR came out and Kevin Dubrow was wearing these tight shear electric blue velvet pants and standing there with his foot up on a riser with little left to the imagination. Needless to say, we made a bee line for the back of the room. Still have nightmares about that! 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

To be perfectly fair, isn't every band that formed since Metal Health dropped a tribute to those guyz? I mean, Cum on... 

I have seen hundreds of bands over the last 35-40 years at all kinds of venues and to this day Quiet Riot is the worst band I have every seen live. They played at the ND State Fair and were literally booed off the stage.  I rank them a little behind the performance of Buck Nekkid who played at the Oakes, ND Street Dance.

• Upvote 2