SiouxSports.com Forum

I still hate Denver....still. Denver @REA

Wilbur

@Goon's nephew and their ginger coach are next.  Okay, harsh on their coach, joking....of course.

New lines....Go!

Gaber-Schmaltz-Calder

Judd-Ford-Matteo

Hain-Senden-Kunz

Budy-Jammer-Portz

You can put Jammer up with Hain and Senden, but who centers the 4th line then?  Ness?  

The Swede in net for a game? Ja??

Splittsville.....

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

@Goon's nephew and their ginger coach are next.  Okay, harsh on their coach, joking....of course.

New lines....Go!

Gaber-Schmaltz-Calder

Judd-Ford-Matteo

Hain-Senden-Kunz

Budy-Jammer-Portz

You can put Jammer up with Hain and Senden, but who centers the 4th line then?  Ness?  

Splittsville.....

Speaking of Brink... the Denver Pioneers top line of Carter Savoie (6g-6a—12tps), Cole Guttman (3g-9a—9pts) and Bobby Brink (3g-6a—9pts) has been lighting it up.

Anything more than a split would be great.  Anything less than a split would be disappointing.  

This team is living up to the expectations I had coming into the season.  They will fight for home ice and an NCAA spot.  The fight for an NCAA Spot has had its ups and downs, but is still well within reach.  The fight for home ice starts this weekend.

Beat Denver!

3 hours ago, crb1 said:

If the last few weeks is any indication of our play, we will be in for a long weekend regardless of being at home. 

We did play pretty good in the game a week prior to yesterday.
We were bound to slip in one of these destination games. Huge fan let down, but ...
Look forward to watching the Hawks trying to get the Pioneer sweep on Saturday!

UND is not that far away from gelling into a really good team.   But for now it’s frustrating to watch.  

I expect the flashes of great play to come more often and for longer stretches in the coming weeks. 

Reminds me a lot of 1980-1981, Which had  13 new players and some hard-to-watch losses.  

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

New lines....Go!

Gaber-Schmaltz-Calder

Judd-Ford-Matteo

Hain-Senden-Kunz

Budy-Jammer-Portz

Splittsville.....

I really like Hain, Senden and Kunitz line. Gonna do some bruising on other team top line. That is where Senden and the other two are best used and Kunz gives good puck ragging down low in opponents zone. Love this line already.

18 hours ago, farce poobah said:

UND is not that far away from gelling into a really good team.   But for now it’s frustrating to watch.  

I expect the flashes of great play to come more often and for longer stretches in the coming weeks. 

Reminds me a lot of 1980-1981, Which had  13 new players and some hard-to-watch losses.  

Totally and unequivocally agree. I've said it all season, I like the pieces. 

Still missing a bit of depth. I'm noticing Costantini playing a bigger role every game. 

I truly believe this team is a playoff team and by January, they are turning the corner.

Just the thought of DU makes me green in the face. I would love to sweep them at home, but I just don't think that we 1) have the horsepower to outscore DU, and 2) I think our defense will struggle against DU. I wish I could be more optimistic. :unsure:

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Totally and unequivocally agree. I've said it all season, I like the pieces. 

Still missing a bit of depth. I'm noticing Costantini playing a bigger role every game. 

I truly believe this team is a playoff team and by January, they are turning the corner.

I have similar thoughts. The pieces are there, but they have to come together.

Last Friday night, as a walked into Buccaneer Arena in Des Moines, I got to my section and look up to the top row at my seat, and the audible sigh is let out as someone is standing in my spot behind my seat. I walk up the steps mentally prepping to have the exchange to let this guy know he’s going to need to move. 

Get to the top row, and who is it? None other than the head coach of DU hockey, David Carle. 

3 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Last Friday night, as a walked into Buccaneer Arena in Des Moines, I got to my section and look up to the top row at my seat, and the audible sigh is let out as someone is standing in my spot behind my seat. I walk up the steps mentally prepping to have the exchange to let this guy know he’s going to need to move. 

Get to the top row, and who is it? None other than the head coach of DU hockey, David Carle. 

You tell him to get the h*ll out of your seat?  Lol

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

You tell him to get the h*ll out of your seat?  Lol

Honestly was respectful and let him be. Our row was literally empty so I just stood further down. Cool to see a head coach be on location like that tho. A guy 3 rows down was wearing a UND jersey (albeit fake) so he still saw enemy colors that night. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Honestly was respectful and let him be. Our row was literally empty so I just stood further down. Cool to see a head coach be on location like that tho. A guy 3 rows down was wearing a UND jersey (albeit fake) so he still saw enemy colors that night. 

Based on his road to the job, respectful is the only way to be. If you’ve ever heard his pressers, respectful and humble come to mind. Now, this weekend we get to see if Rizzo cuts the cloth…

3 hours ago, Humboldt said:

LetsGoDU with their "North Dakota Week" hit piece. I actully like the new writer better than 5BWest. We all miss the Ambassador Motel.

https://letsgodu.com/2021/11/03/university-of-north-dakota-loses-frantic-bid-to-save-ambassador-motel/#more-79979

That was solid. The past few years were pretty meh. Hopefully this is an upward trend.

See I dunno.  That letsgodu blog used to be funny.  I mean I used to laugh a lot at the articles.  Now it's like....meh....  

I mean take a real shot at UND or just quit while you're ahead.  

Its like the last few seasons of the office where it tried, but just wasn't the same....

On 11/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, BusinessSiouxt said:

Based on his road to the job, respectful is the only way to be. If you’ve ever heard his pressers, respectful and humble come to mind. Now, this weekend we get to see if Rizzo cuts the cloth…

He's got 8 pts in 6 games as a frosh....I'd take that right about now.

• Upvote 1