SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

3 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Still bitter than ND's 4th or 5th program beat UND the other night I see.

Notre Dame doesn't look like they got much of an offense.  Or maybe Mankato just made it look that way.  Oh well.  

Talk about a bitter reaction to ND losing to Mankato. Doesn’t seem to be an “oh well” moment lol.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Still bitter than ND's 4th or 5th program beat UND the other night I see.

Notre Dame doesn't look like they got much of an offense.  Or maybe Mankato just made it look that way.  Oh well.  

Brad Berry talks about his teams culture all the time dude. Culture doesn't win games. It's just fancy talk.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bale31 said:

HELLS YEAH!!!!!

Congrats, will be pulling for you in Boston.  Must be all those grindaz your team has that can pull off this high scoring affair!  Gotta love some of the comments on here without giving other teams credit.  There are some great defensive teams in this tourney, and there are a couple remaining tomorrow.  We will see how those go.

34 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

Congrats, will be pulling for you in Boston.  Must be all those grindaz your team has that can pull off this high scoring affair!  Gotta love some of the comments on here without giving other teams credit.  There are some great defensive teams in this tourney, and there are a couple remaining tomorrow.  We will see how those go.

I give notre Dame credit. Msu has the 2nd highest scoring team in the nation.

58 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Still bitter thant ND's 4th or 5th program beat UND the other night I see.

Notre Dame has 4 or 5 hockey teams?  Congrats!!

11 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Notre Dame plays a very tough defensive game; I give them total credit for that. Their goalie is excellent.  They just didn't have a lot of juice against the Mavs; very limited offensively, much like another 'ND' school.

20 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Bale31, get your ass out to Boston to see your team.  I'll be out there with a bunch of UND alums and we will be cheering the Purple Cows on!

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Bale 31, get your ass out to Boston to see your team.  I'll be out there with a bunch of UND alums and we will be cheering the Purple Cows on!

Plane is booked, airbnb has been booked for about 2 month, not to get ff tickets.:)

• Upvote 2

Just now, SiouxForever said:

Look how many 1-goal games there has been this tournament. What have we learned for next year?! 

If you play good D and take of the puck you can be in any game no matter who you are playing?

2 hours ago, tnt said:

After watching UMass yesterday, they come hard at you all the time. Sometimes I think UND is looking to play lockdown rather than constantly being in somebodies face.

True. But when Minnesota score their second goal they took their foot off the gas and it cost them. They did flip the switch again after Minnesota tied it and had the Gophers absolutly gassed as end of regulation but the Gophs managed to get to the locker room.

Minnesota State today kept sending in two on the forecheck with a 1-0 lead for most of the game. I like that style. Be disciplined but keep trying to score.

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

True. But when Minnesota score their second goal they took their foot off the gas and it cost them. They did flip the switch again after Minnesota tied it and had the Gophers absolutly gassed as end of regulation but the Gophs managed to get to the locker room.

Minnesota State today kept sending in two on the forecheck with a 1-0 lead for most of the game. I like that style. Be disciplined but keep trying to score.

Notre Dame was doing that to UND early and I thought it worked well for them.

18 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So tomorrow all UND fans will root in unison for Western to take down the rodents?  I'm fine with Minny beating UMASS (for my bracket) but that's as far as my support goes.

Heck, I'm all for WMU taking the whole darn tourney.
They'll take a step back next year, so this might be their only shot at winning a title for a bit.

• Upvote 1