4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

This tournament is not good for me healthwise 

I hear ya.

Minnesota?  Nope.

Denver?  No.

Quinnipiac?  Pass.

Michigan?  Hard pass.

Notre Dame?  Hell no.  

I guess that leaves me with Mankato and Western Michigan.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I’ve said for years I don’t want hockey to become soccer, meaning 1-0 or 2-1 games. 

Well, here’s why.

DU won on a bad bounce that was 33% of the goals in the contest. 

But did you watch the game? DU is ridiculously skilled and fun to watch. Sure they only scored 2 but they could have scored 8, Fanti stood on his head. And they won. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

But did you watch the game? DU is ridiculously skilled and fun to watch. Sure they only scored 2 but they could have scored 8, Fanti stood on his head. And they won. 

It was 2-1. 

The game needs to be re-opened up to offense. I know coaches and goalies don’t want to hear it, but people pay to see goals not sweep checks and traps. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I could live with Q (save for all the eastern swooning should it happen).

UND is the only team to go down 1-0 against Q and come back to win this season. 

I have a feeling if St. Cloud has Hrenak in net that wouldn’t be the case.  The fact St. Cloud was in that game with that kind of goaltending is hard to believe.

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I hear ya.

Minnesota?  Nope.

Denver?  No.

Quinnipiac?  Pass.

Michigan?  Hard pass.

Notre Dame?  Hell no.  

I guess that leaves me with Mankato and Western Michigan.

Bigot.  

It's ND's time. 

Just got out of the game in Loveland. What a great atmosphere-nearly full arena. Intense from the get go.

The better team won today. DU was in attack mode and after they scored the go-ahead goal, rather than fall back on their heals, they attacked and really shut Duluth down.

I thought I was going into this game pulling for Duluth but DU deserved that win. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It was 2-1. 

The game needs to be re-opened up to offense. I know coaches and goalies don’t want to hear it, but people pay to see goals not sweep checks and traps. 

Haha you just not have been watching :)

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Haha you just not have been watching :)

You mean the “offense” of a shot that is tipped or blocked by the offense and never gets on net? That’s not offense. That’s defense dominating the game. 

Schlossman stopped pointing out but over the last 30 years total goals per game has gone from 9 down to 5. 

That’s going from 5-4 games to 3-2 games. Offense down nearly 50%. Defense is dominating the game. 

That pointed out, a “bad goal” in a 9 goal world is 11% of the game. A bad goal in today’s DU/UMD game was 33% of scoring, and the game winner. That’s not talent; that’s bad luck off the boards deciding outcomes. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You mean the “offense” of a shot that is tipped or blocked by the offense and never gets on net? That’s not offense. That’s defense dominating the game. 

Schlossman stopped pointing out but over the last 30 years total goals per game has gone from 9 down to 5. 

That’s going from 5-4 games to 3-2 games. Offense down nearly 50%. Defense is dominating the game. 

Maybe switch to those Bandy nets...

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That pointed out, a “bad goal” in a 9 goal world is 11% of the game. A bad goal in today’s DU/UMD game was 33% of scoring, and the game winner. That’s not talent; that’s bad luck off the boards deciding outcomes. 

I get where you’re going but wrong game. The quality of hockey in that game vs what I watched in our game vs ND was night and day. And Duluth is better than ND. I enjoy watching players make skilled plays (1v1, passes that players actually catch, maybe even 2 consecutive passes). Our games are all dump and chases. Grind out in the corners. It’s disgusting.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I get where you’re going but wrong game. The quality of hockey in that game vs what I watched in our game vs ND was night and day. And Duluth is better than ND. I enjoy watching players make skilled plays (1v1, passes that players actually catch, maybe even 2 consecutive passes). Our games are all dump and chases. Grind out in the corners. It’s disgusting.

Why dump and chase?

Teams run trap. It’s the way into the zone. 

If I could come up with a rule or offense to punish the trap I would. 

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Denver had a lot of the same “skilled” players last year, but couldn’t hold a candle to our skill. Don’t know how you can say definitively Duluth is better than such and such, as they have been saved by goaltending, even against Tech.