SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Transfer portal extravaganza

SiouxFanatic

49 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Someone posted this Google doc on Brad's twitter account:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SnAo5zRTca15P0NtjXplt3_MEviK0h85QbgNmS2vxxI/edit#gid=0

I don't think that's all the players...I heard something about a ton of Bowling Green players entering the portal but there's none listed as of yet on the spreadsheet.

Vermont has a good chunk of their team in the transfer pool. 

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Someone posted this Google doc on Brad's twitter account:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SnAo5zRTca15P0NtjXplt3_MEviK0h85QbgNmS2vxxI/edit#gid=0

I don't think that's all the players...I heard something about a ton of Bowling Green players entering the portal but there's none listed as of yet on the spreadsheet.

Couldn’t help but notice the +/- column. Of available players my quick and likely inaccurate mental math says -397

I see Garrett Worth is in the transfer portal with one assist in eight games with Long Island University.   I remember some were pretty high on UND taking a shot at him out of Duluth East, but doesn't appear to have been able to make the adjustment to another level.  Just goes to show putting up major numbers in high school hockey doesn't always translate to the next level.  Grant Slukynsky put up huge numbers at Warroad but has struggled in the USHL as well.  I thought he would have put up good numbers.  Coaches have a tough job weeding out which talent and skills will translate to the next level and which won't.  

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

If that’s a true number, there’s gonna be a ton of players that don’t find new teams. Not many of those players are Cruikshank caliber players. 

Question for those who watched more CC hockey than me: Does Cruikshank play center?