SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

18 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Gave you guys a hard time today, still love you guys. Fellow ND folks. End of the day, just a football game. Will ride or die with you guys the other 364 days of the year.

So you’re on our side come this October 2nd?

Bottom line we got our ass kicked.  Time to turn the page and finish season strong.  Just 1 game.  Was only a few weeks ago the Bison got their ass kicked by a team we destroyed.  Still think SDSU is best team in mvfc.  We will see how they do in Fargo.  Could very will host the bison at home if we win out and they lose to SDSU.  

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Bottom line we got our ass kicked.  Time to turn the page and finish season strong.  Just 1 game.  Was only a few weeks ago the Bison got their ass kicked by a team we destroyed.  Still think SDSU is best team in mvfc.  We will see how they do in Fargo.  Could very will host the bison at home if we win out and they lose to SDSU.  

UND kicks around SIU, SIU kicks around NDSU, NDSU kicks around UND.  It never makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

As many have mentioned, it wasn't necessarily a surprise to lose, but to lose the way we did was.  Physically dominated.  We wore down SIU and SDSU.  We were dominated in the trenches from the get-go today.  When we needed a yard we couldn't get it; couldn't sustain drives.  When they needed a yard they'd get five right up the gut.  Not to mention we couldn't cover anyone, the first INT should have been as easy TD.  

1 hour ago, Gothmog said:

Sure, NDSU usually takes the foot off the pedal when they have a lead. Perhaps I should have phrased that as "could have." Doesn't matter. The point is valid.  The UND team I saw today is a mediocre Valley team in most years. 

and the NDSU team I've seen the past 4 week was a bottom of the Valley team in most years. Whats your point? Its one week, similar to the a$$ whooping the Bison got from SIU. I'm not happy about it, but there are more games to be played.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Would be fun to watch und get cucked again.... this time at home. 

31 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Went to the game. Had a guy behind me yell “Sioux such sh*t” the entire game and another guy in front of me criticize “the guy in the wheel chair”.  Every fan base has them, but this NDSU fan base has a higher than average number of morons. Pathetic. 

UND was not physical enough today to win.  That was the difference.

The defense could not stop a FB from running all over them. The missed XP hurt momentum despite Weah’s huge play. Lastly, UND’s offense certainly could have done more. Schuster and the receiver needs to be able to make more plays consistently; missed on opportunities in the passing game. 

On to the next game. Have to regroup and put it together against Youngstown St. UND will certainly get a chance again - possibly even this spring - against NDSU. Need to make the next one count.

True, everyone has them. We have a bunch of them too, especially in the hockey crowd. I've seen some of the college kids lay into a dad and daughter (probably 4 years old) when the Gophers came to town. 

Also spoke with a very nice Bison fan, who is also a Packer fan, and went to a game at US Bank stadium. Vikings fans basically terrorized the guy for four quarter, who just wanted to see the stadium and watch the game. Some people really suck.

These people have nothing to do with college or team affiliation, they are just piece of  s h i t  human beings. There is no changing them. It is sad, but a big reminder about what is more important in life, and it is not football or sports. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

UND kicks around SIU, SIU kicks around NDSU, NDSU kicks around UND.  It never makes sense. 

If I'm not mistaken the home teams are 3-0 in those matchups.

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

True, everyone has them. We have a bunch of them too, especially in the hockey crowd. I've seen some of the college kids lay into a dad and daughter (probably 4 years old) when the Gophers came to town. 

Also spoke with a very nice Bison fan, who is also a Packer fan, and went to a game at US Bank stadium. Vikings fans basically terrorized the guy for four quarter, who just wanted to see the stadium and watch the game. Some people really suck.

These people have nothing to do with college or team affiliation, they are just piece of  s h i t  human beings. There is no changing them. It is sad, but a big reminder about what is more important in life, and it is not football or sports. 

In my travels, including to the NDSU tailgating extravaganza, over 99% of the opposing teams fans are fantastic. Oh sure there’s a bit of ribbing and trash talking but they all offer you a drink and something to eat and a “good luck today”. It doesn’t get much better than that 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Went to the game. Had a guy behind me yell “Sioux suck sh*t” the entire game and another guy in front of me criticize “the guy in the wheel chair”.  Every fan base has them, but this NDSU fan base has a higher than average number of morons. Pathetic. The idea this isn’t a rivalry anymore is nonsensical propaganda from the Fargo media. 

UND was not physical enough today to win.  That was the difference.

The defense could not stop a FB from running all over them. The missed XP hurt momentum despite Weah’s huge play. Lastly, UND’s offense certainly could have done more. Schuster and the receivers need to be able to make more plays consistently; missed on opportunities in the passing game. 

On to the next game. Have to regroup and put it together against Youngstown St. UND will certainly get a chance again - possibly even this spring - against NDSU. Need to make the next one count.

A guy yelling 'sioux suck !@#$' is not remotely an issue. Yelling at people in wheelchairs is another issue entirely and that's unacceptable. 

Kicking game is a real issue. Missed XP was deflating and essentially taking FGs off the table means going for it on 4th in instances you normally wouldn't want to. Playing indoors, I can't believe we can't get a star kicker. This was a major strength for many years. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Dude, this is their board.  Chill tf out and quit being such a dick.

Lol I've been a dick many times in my life,  today ain't one of 'em. I generally bond with these guys in an odd sort of way.