SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

4 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

This game was dominated by the NDSU line on both sides.  NDSU had a gut check today and they came through.  Feels like ‘91 or ‘92.  We are close, but not there yet.

You're not close.  Any of NDSU's championship teams would have hung 60 on you today. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

This game was dominated by the NDSU line on both sides.  NDSU had a gut check today and they came through.  Feels like ‘91 or ‘92.  We are close, but not there yet.

This wasn't 91 or 92, this game wasn't close.  This game was more like 1990, when we thought we could compete with them and they steamrolled us.  I was at the 90, 91, 92, 93 games etc..  

22 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Hey Entz , Roehls game plan sucked! When he went away from the run they almost let UND back in it. If he thinks this is the recipe for success I guess they may lose another game this season....

Entz hasn't figured it out yet. Oh well. Won today I guess.

13 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

You're not close.  Any of NDSU's championship teams would have hung 60 on you today. 

Your probably right, as I said we were dominated in the trenches today.  Still feel like UND is getting close to being a team that can compete in FCS.  Never felt that way with any team while in the big sky.  NDSU is obviously the class of FCS and MVFC, but we aren’t far off from competing.  I feel we are in the next tier below NDSU.  But there are a lot of teams that can probably say that.

16 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

You got your asses handed to you by the weakest Bison team in a dozen years. It ain't arrogance if you can back it up. 

So you won’t be competing with Alabama this year. Lol.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

You got your asses handed to you by the weakest Bison team in a dozen years. It ain't arrogance if you can back it up. 

When the worm turns (and it always does eventually), that arrogance will be shoved back in your face. And people won't be nice about it. You and John Boy Walton should go back to Bisonville and enjoy the 'my oh my' show over there.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I don’t think anyone on hear thinks this is the best UND could ever be. This team may not even be the best team UND has had in the D1 era. We may have seen the best NDSU will ever be.....

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

TOP NDSU 36 to UND 23....damn. That is freaking ugly.  

That was the biggest stat in the game.   We got out coached today.  Game plan wasn’t good and didn’t make enough adjustments . Credit to SU staff, they had their team in proper mindset, had a better scheme today and executed it.  Hopefully get a second chance this season.

The first TD run set the tone and we couldn’t quite get momentum to turn.  Great call.

Thoughts:

So, do we just put so much pressure on ourselves each time we play the Bison with "this could be our chance"? 

I couldn't believe the line play today.  Didn't think we'd get owned like that.

It will be nice to play them at home when they don't feel like they're doing us a favor by letting us come in the building.

Bison would have to lose again for us to sniff the conference title, right?  Yikes.  Home field to Frisco doesn't seem within reach anymore.  Needed this win bad to assert dominance on the conference, but it has alluded us.

I'm sure I'l have some more thoughts later....

55 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Considering worse UND teams played better NDSU championship teams and didn't give up 60 I would disagree with that.  Moron.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Well their offense is a one man team that is for sure... very little depth or versatility!

Why change whats working? When you have a team on their heels you keep them there until they stop you. Please expound on NDSUs depth???

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Considering worse UND teams played better NDSU championship teams and didn't give up 60 I would disagree with that.  Moron.

To be fair, ndsu has taken their foot off the pedal in the last two games. Today...not so much. Lack the ability to hang 60.

8 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Why change whats working? When you have a team on their heels you keep them there until they stop you. Please expound on NDSUs depth???

Your not wrong.  NDSU ran it down our throat and we couldn’t stop it.   NDSU played like they their supposed to.  Congrats.

36 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Sure, NDSU usually takes the foot off the pedal when they have a lead. Perhaps I should have phrased that as "could have." Doesn't matter. The point is valid.  The UND team I saw today is a mediocre Valley team in most years.