SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think Geno is doing well playing overseas. Him going to Gonzaga is way different than Sims going to NKU and Tyree going to JMU. Both head scratchers. 

agreed....just wish he would'be stayed one more year....haha meant jmu instead of odu but basicallythe same....

I got to believe Sims and Tyree left because they thought they would get looks at power 5 schools and i also think they wanted to be at schools that were close to big city social life. They didn't get to go power 5 school but schools are close to big cities.  Today players can move freely without much penalty and just look at number of new players in Summit conference that have transferred this year and power 5 schools are filling out there rosters with transfers the day of having athlete for whole career is over basically. The top three in conference have kept core of players for four years but what will future bring South Dakota will graduate majority of their team this year or next baring nobody leaves , the same for North Dakota State they will graduate most of core in next two years and does Nelson stay or does somebody make offer where he moves to power 5 school, Same thing for Oral Roberts does Abmas come back for senior year does he leave like Obanor did this year. The rest conference is like UND with some home grown talent but transfer's to fill out the roster. It will be interesting see if projections hold up when season is complete or will somebody put together team  that puts it together by end of the season comes in knocks off some these top three contenders. The last few years being favorite to win this conference has not happened and i have feeling this could happen again this year.

8 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Harrisonburg, VA is literally in the middle of nowhere.  

Being a distant suburb of Cincinnati, in another state, is cool?  My gawd these kids are dumb.  

Because why would you want to live in Virginia or a suburb of Cincinnati when you could live in Grand Forks? Yeah, those kids are idiots.  

To me, it is more on the system than the kids. Kids are often short sighted and will jump at whatever. 

Sure, I'll go play in GF or Fargo, and thank you for the scholly.

Well, we had a sub par season and its super cold, and its and adjustment living the college life.

The system allows these kids to bail, and bail easily. Rather than sticking it out, figuring how to cope with their situation and developing as young men. 

I spent the better part of my freshman year at UND wanting to leave and go somewhere else. Not because I disliked UND, it was just a huge change in life. Instead, I came back, met some of the best friends I have, got involved, got more comfortable at school and absolutely loved my next few years. We do these kids a huge disservice by making it so simple to bail on any given situation that doesn't go just perfectly for them. It won't serve them well after school. That being said, every kid has a different situation, and I don't want to judge them all; there are certainly situations where a transfer is warranted or something is just not working out.

I was disappointed to lose Geno when he transferred, but at the same time, can't blame a kid who has the opportunity to play for one of the biggest programs in the country. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Interesting to listen to. Really high on Tsotne. Mentions Reid Grant and Bruns doing well and how Matthews will be needed immediately. A’Jahni will likely be out for a while. McGrath will redshirt. 

Seems pretty happy with the returners as well. 

I guess Brady tore 2 ligaments in his ankle and played the entire year with them?!? 

43 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Kind of sad when we are picked below a St Thomas team that just made the jump. Hope we be a surprise, but I don't know enough about basketball to know what the potential is here.

After watching the Milwaukee game, I’m a little more optimistic but I think middle of the pack is the ceiling. The talent(especially offensive talent) just isn’t there to do much better than that.  

25 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

5 games into the season

What do we think so far?

A couple good non-conference wins that I wouldn’t have necessarily expected after Mayville. Today’s loss was pretty disappointing as I thought it was a win before the season started but I understand 3 games in 3 days.