SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

Little early to predict future line-up for North Dakota. We still have two spots open yet on the team i would guess we will see some future announcements on players yet to be signed by us. Verbal commits has still with one offer still open to juco out Snow college but with leaving of G it has created another opening on the team. I am guessing they are waiting to see if major player becomes available yet before fall and are keeping their options open with scholarship to give.

4 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Little early to predict future line-up for North Dakota. We still have two spots open yet on the team i would guess we will see some future announcements on players yet to be signed by us. Verbal commits has still with one offer still open to juco out Snow college but with leaving of G it has created another opening on the team. I am guessing they are waiting to see if major player becomes available yet before fall and are keeping their options open with scholarship to give.

Wagstaff, the Snow college kid, committed to Utah State today. 

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Kab said:

I am thinking the summit big sky challenge is due to come to grand forks

EWU and Montana both owe UND home games. UND was supposed to host EWU two seasons ago but switched hosting years with EWU since UND was already in Montana for a Friday game (they played on a Sunday). 

UT Rio might owe UND a home game as well.

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

Any D1 home non conference game is great, there have been multiple years where we haven’t had a single one.

2019/20 would have been the only year that I can tell (though there were a few with only 1). They were supposed to have two last season but Seattle fell through at the last minute and the aforementioned EWU game.

Without a doubt, the home schedule has left a lot to be desired. I've also heard Sather stress the importance of having D1 games at home, so hoping he's able to get that done.

• Like 1

Anyone know if a home game with SIU was a part of the two games that were scheduled in Carbondale?  SIU has a player from Winnipeg and I had seen speculation that SIU may have been looking for a game close Winnipeg for that player.  

This coming season has many questions to be answered by number of the off season moves we had to make because of number of transfers we had. We have NDSU and SDSU, and Oral Roberts basically standing pat with addition mostly of traditional recruits and then rest of the conference in status of great change for the coming season. It will be interesting to see if somebody puts together a team that can challenge and upset the power balance in conference for the coming year. On paper we look to have at least put a team together that could become contender but that all depends on how they gel and if they live up to their billing. This is definitely going to take coaching  and player  buy in if we are going to have successful season. I am sure Sather didn't plan on this type of rebuilding process when he took the job but that is how fast game has changed with new rules on player transfers. The top three in conference so far has not seen what other schools are going through some say its the culture of programs and i just think they have been lucky so far and when they have to replace their current group of players things will change for them also. Small midmajor's will never be same where they take players develop them and have winning program by building a team this way because now the power 5 schools are going to come knocking on these kids door and recruiting them to move. I also think the power 5 schools are even going to do it more with change of coaching from the old school coaches to new coaches coming in to replace them.

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/6/16/womens-basketball-summit-league-announces-basketball-schedules.aspx

They actually did it!! Games on Thursday/Saturday and mirror scheduling.

Except for the opening week of play, a Wednesday tilt with NDSU before Christmas, the Fighting Hawks schedule will be played on Thursday and Saturday. The mirror schedule also means that UND will not host any doubleheaders during The Summit League season as the women will be at home while the men are on the road and vice versa.

NDSU is the first and last game of the conference schedule.
SDSU is on New Year's Day (Saturday)
Pretty even in terms of travel. Only instance of back to back away weekends (ORU/UMKC and then SDSU/USD)
Three in a row at home to end the season (UMKC/ORU/NDSU).

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/6/16/womens-basketball-summit-league-announces-basketball-schedules.aspx

They actually did it!! Games on Thursday/Saturday and mirror scheduling.

NDSU is the first and last game of the conference schedule.
SDSU is on New Year's Day (Saturday)
Pretty even in terms of travel. Only instance of back to back away weekends (ORU/UMKC and then SDSU/USD)
Three in a row at home to end the season (UMKC/ORU/NDSU).

Tough start right out of the gate and tough finish.  

That ORU/UMKC is a road trip, not home sadly. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Tough start right out of the gate and tough finish.  

That ORU/UMKC is a road trip, not home sadly. 

Was just referring to the 4 on the road in a row in the middle of the season (Jan 20/22/27/29) and the three at home to finish the season (Feb 17/19/26). Otherwise they are alternating home and away series.