SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It's like they are scared of someone when it comes to the Hawks name :whistling:

I don't hate the jersey but I think it would have been the best way to do Hawks on the jersey

100% agree.  I wonder if we will ever see Hawks on a jersey or the logo on the front. I’m not holding my breath. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It's like they are scared of someone when it comes to the Hawks name :whistling:

I don't hate the jersey but I think it would have been the best way to do Hawks on the jersey

Majority of fans don’t want that on the jersey, myself included, and also hawks gear doesn’t sell. Just go look at the NCHC website even. All teams have one logo design on the current hoodie but ND has two. One that says ND hockey and one with The hawks logo and the hawks logo version is on sale. 

8 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Majority of fans don’t want that on the jersey, myself included, and also hawks gear doesn’t sell. Just go look at the NCHC website even. All teams have one logo design on the current hoodie but ND has two. One that says ND hockey and one with The hawks logo and the hawks logo version is on sale. 

The jersey with the Hawks logo sold out today. 

17 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

The jersey with the Hawks logo sold out today. 

You’re playing with semantics. Obviously they are referring to having “Hawks” on the Jersey in place of “NoDak”. You know, the focal point of the jersey, not the shoulders that some people didn’t even see at first.  It also sold out because it’s essentially a remake of an old traditional Sioux Jersey along with an extremely limited supply. 

2 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Still surprised they decided against selling the Nashville sweaters. Considering the popularity of the Nodak sweaters feel they missed on revenue.  But maybe it's a supply chain issue

Can't sell what you can't get. They were ordered in plenty of time but ended up stuck overseas. 

I like the clean look of the jerseys. My two critiques of the uniform would be:

1. The traditional style of the striping and block letters clashes with the modern style of the hawk logo on the shoulder. That being said, the hawk logo looks great with the white background!

2. The diagonal font on the helmet. That’s just silly. 

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Agreed...look pretty generic.

I think they could use some brushing up. I agree above that the hawks logo clashed a bit with the traditional older style font (not trying to hate in the hawks logo in This post- just saying) and also I think the hype and instant “oh wow these are great!” Is because it is a remake of a revered traditional Sioux style Jersey with different letters essentially. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GreenWing said:

1. The traditional style of the striping and block letters clashes with the modern style of the hawk logo on the shoulder. That being said, the hawk logo looks great with the white background!

2. The diagonal font on the helmet. That’s just silly. 

Yes, and yes. 

13 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Still surprised they decided against selling the Nashville sweaters. Considering the popularity of the Nodak sweaters feel they missed on revenue.  But maybe it's a supply chain issue

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Can't sell what you can't get. They were ordered in plenty of time but ended up stuck overseas. 

Agree. Surprised as well as bummed. I’d definitely buy an authentic Nash design. I can’t say I’d pay for it but I feel they’d make more if they auctioned vs sell them at the game. Let’s people not on site have a shot. But also give people on site a perk of going. 

Just now, Langster019 said:

Also, anyone get annoyed with every Tom Dick and Harry giving their opinion of “maybe if there wasn’t that bird on it” ?

I understand the passion for the past but, man, it gets old to hear.

Yes! Like the bird isn’t going away no matter how much a person complains about it. I don’t have issues with a shoulder patch. I do think the bird logo would look terrible front and center blown up on a jersey so I’m glad we’re not going that route. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yes! Like the bird isn’t going away no matter how much a person complains about it. I don’t have issues with a shoulder patch. I do think the bird logo would look terrible front and center blown up on a jersey so I’m glad we’re not going that route. 

I’m not a fan of it. As a shoulder patch it isn’t the end of the world. Agree it would just look bad front and center tho. 

34 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Also, anyone get annoyed with every Tom Dick and Harry giving their opinion of “maybe if there wasn’t that bird on it” ?

I understand the passion for the past but, man, it gets old to hear.

I think the Hawks logo sucks but I would have still bought one of the authentics......if someone would have had the forethought to order in more than 20.

• Upvote 1