SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

33 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I think the Hawks logo sucks but I would have still bought one of the authentics......if someone would have had the forethought to order in more than 20.

In the article it says they brought in more than 400 total (not sure how that divided up between authentic and replica). Said that they wanted to bring in more but their suppliers couldn’t provide more at the current time. 

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

As does the tired refrain of complaining about the hockey team not using the new logo.   

The new logo is absolutely terrible. Most fans simply agree. Except for a few people that seem to have a problem not using it and they the vast minority here. People get excited about ND Hockey gear. Why not give it to them. People don’t like hawks gear. It does not sell. Take the hint. The players don’t even like it. Tbh. Recruiting would probably even be better if we went away with the hawks logo and everything fighting hawks. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Recruiting? No. I'm sorry, but kids come to our program because we have the facilities, resources, coaching, and tradition to get them to the NHL. If a kid isn't going to come to UND because of a crappy logo, frankly, we didn't want him here.

I realize my comment is hyperbole. But, you know, passions run high lol. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Recruiting? No. I'm sorry, but kids come to our program because we have the facilities, resources, coaching, and tradition to get them to the NHL. If a kid isn't going to come to UND because of a crappy logo, frankly, we didn't want him here.

Right. However, do you know how Evan Trupp ended up at ND? When he was a little kid his dad took him to a hockey store and told him he could pick out one hat. He picked a Fighting Sioux one because “they had the coolest logo”. He didn’t know who the Sioux were at this time. But after getting this hat he followed the team, became a fan, and UND became his dream school. He grows up, becomes a star hockey player and which school does he choose.... 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Right. However, do you know how Evan Trupp ended up at ND? When he was a little kid his dad took him to a hockey store and told him he could pick out one hat. He picked a Fighting Sioux one because “they had the coolest logo”. He didn’t know who the Sioux were at this time. But after getting this hat he followed the team, became a fan, and UND became his dream school. He grows up, becomes a star hockey player and which school does he choose.... 

My guess... Evan Trupp would have found out about UND hockey without picking the one hat. Cute stories aside, if a player wants to play college hockey, they know about UND.

• Upvote 2

My apologies for turning the talk away from jerseys so let’s bring it back. (A little)

The irony is, I bet a lot of these folks complaining about the new logo wear one of those $30 Chinese knockoffs that are a big mockery of what was the Sioux jerseys. THAT’S what’s wrong with imagery around the Ralph. Not supporting the athletic department or respecting the past buying that sh!t stain of a “jersey” 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

The irony is, I bet a lot of these folks complaining about the new logo wear one of those $30 Chinese knockoffs that are an even bigger mockery of what was the Sioux jerseys

So, you admit the new logo is a mockery. Im Glad we can at least agree on that. 

9 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

So, you admit the new logo is a mockery. Im Glad we can at least agree on that. 

No that’s putting words in my mouth. It’s not a mockery bc it’s the school logo. Not a fake knockoff.

Is it great? No. Does it kill me when I buy a jersey with it on the shoulder from the university? No. Does it matter what the team wears? No. 

I support UND as a team. As long as they’re sweeping DU or splitting a tough, top 10 series in Duluth or SCSU, idc what the logo is. I care about the results. Not the fashion/logo. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The knockoffs wouldn't be as prevalent if they had gone with the new jerseys from day 1. The jerseys they've had since March 2012 (!) look terrible without numbers, and are still boring with numbers. Can't believe it took this long to get the wheels turning on their replacement.

Maybe the lack of sales is finally starting to make them consider some changes. Let’s hope so. I have no problem buying an authentic from Sioux shop but completely agree that without an extra step, customization and extra money. They just don’t look right without numbers in the middle so. 

1 hour ago, Nashvegas said:

Has anyone sent off to EPS recently? Sioux shop says no current players, but I'm wondering if a person sent off on their own to EPS if they would do it. I'm not sure if the new NIL agreement applies here or not. 

EPS will not do it. I’ve tried since NIL has changed. 

• Upvote 1

For sale, authentic UND jerseys.  All purchased from the Sioux Shop.  All in great to like new shape. The Ben Blood jersey has some minor defects on the 4 on the back shown in photos.  Smoke free home.  Customizations done by EPS to exact standards UND does their jerseys.  Sizes: Trupp 54, Blood 54, Hextall 56, Green Blank 56.

Giving the SS.com community first dibs.  Asking $250 per, or if you want more than one we can work a deal.  If you are not in or able to make it to Fargo asking $15 shipping for USPS Priority Flat Rate Box.  Shoot me a direct message, first come first serve.

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2416.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1