SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

41 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Watching USD-DePaul right now and I just want to say Paul Bruns has regressed since being here. Now maybe he just wasn’t that good and had the volume stats because of how bad that team was that he was on. His brother looks better than him right now. 

I think it’s the later. I hated that I had to try convince myself that he was the future of the program. 

39 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Perfect cancer for this team.  No thanks.

Was he a cancer his first year with Jones as the head coach? No. Still good friends with a lot of guys from that team as well....

Most likely the new coach came in and said/did something that they didn't see eye to eye on. The situation can go both ways.

5 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Was he a cancer his first year with Jones as the head coach? No. Still good friends with a lot of guys from that team as well....

Most likely the new coach came in and said/did something that they didn't see eye to eye on. The situation can go both ways.

He redshirted for a semester under Jones. The rest of his time was under Sather. 
Agree that it can go both ways. 

• Upvote 1

I have heard from people that are familiar with his time here and know people from where he went to, that for the team he was challenging to coach and  play with at times. I also would not call him a cancer but all things considered we are fine to have split ways. Maybe better for all concerned.That is  old news now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Watching the NDSU-SJSU game and Damari Wheeler Thomas is fun. Could use a guy like him this year. 

As much as I hate to say it since he is a NDSU player, but I like watching Jacari White play. He plays super hard and with ultra confidence in himself. Really fun to watch! Wish he was on our team. 

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

As much as I hate to say it since he is a NDSU player, but I like watching Jacari White play. He plays super hard and with ultra confidence in himself. Really fun to watch! Wish he was on our team. 

White has some of the funniest bloopers ever. Some Alabama fan made a reel of them when he was scouting Grant Nelson. Wish I could find the video!

7 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

White has some of the funniest bloopers ever. Some Alabama fan made a reel of them when he was scouting Grant Nelson. Wish I could find the video!

Don't get me wrong, he does some head scratching things at times lol but he never lacks confidence! Shooting 43% from 3 on 4 attempts a game! Wish we had that this year!