SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

would be funny if certain areas (schools in an area) are farm clubs for the same bigger school..scheryman to creighton and maybe nelson there too.

It's a possibility. I would love to see Nelson at Creighton

• Upvote 3

On 5/2/2023 at 2:51 PM, HoopsFan03 said:

It's a possibility. I would love to see Nelson at Creighton

That's basically where I see him going. Creighton will be a really good team this year and he would only make them better. 

• Upvote 1

Was hoping to find some discussion on this tonight.   So I guess I'll start it. With western Illinois bolting from the summit what are the next moves ?  Can we add another school this year ?  Back to 9 teams.  Northern Colorado would be nice.  I hope not Augie 

13 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Was hoping to find some discussion on this tonight.   So I guess I'll start it. With western Illinois bolting from the summit what are the next moves ?  Can we add another school this year ?  Back to 9 teams.  Northern Colorado would be nice.  I hope not Augie 

Was touched on a bit in the Conference Re-Alignment thread, to answer your questions

1) Would be tough to get someone for next year.

2) I think UNC will be an option

3) Augie... Nope

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Was touched on a bit in the Conference Re-Alignment thread, to answer your questions

1) Would be tough to get someone for next year.

2) I think UNC will be an option

3) Augie... Nope

Thanks missed that thread and caught up now ! 

16 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Good for him, closer to home.

I hope he does well. 

New coach at UCM just took that job. Was at Southern Nazarene in Tulsa, so I assume there is a good prior relationship there. Bohac built a monster at SNU the last decade or so in the GAC, his teams were always really, really good. Played at Nebraska, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I get that.  His point isn't clear to me.  Playmakers Lounge?  What would that have to do with NIL?  

What's the difference between that and the NDSU QB sellin' beds for Comfort King(?). Both would be "Name Image Likeness" deals. 

Nelson already had one with an insurance company. 

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What's the difference between that and the NDSU QB sellin' beds for Comfort King(?). Both would be "Name Image Likeness" deals. 

Nelson already had one with an insurance company. 

What is "that"?  I feel like the playmakers gambling discussion is being conflated with NIL.  Even so, I still don't get what the point is.  The purpose of NIL for schools like NDSU and UND is it helps to compete with FCS and G5 programs, not blue blood P5 programs.  Is the point that organized NIL programs for a school like us is pointless because it will never match up with P5 schools?  If so, it's a strawman argument.  

6 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

What is "that"?  I feel like the playmakers gambling discussion is being conflated with NIL.  Even so, I still don't get what the point is.  The purpose of NIL for schools like NDSU and UND is it helps to compete with FCS and G5 programs, not blue blood P5 programs.  Is the point that organized NIL programs for a school like us is pointless because it will never match up with P5 schools?  If so, it's a strawman argument.  

I believe he meant to reference team makers.......but could be wrong

Can Team Makers do NIL?
Their statement of purpose on their 2020 Form 990 (pg 2) is written loose enough I'd say yes, but I'm not a lawyer or the IRS.

"To provide financial support, promotion and spirit for our student athletes and the NDSU Athletic Department in order to achieve excellence."

https://pdf.guidestar.org/PDF_Images/2020/456/014/2020-456014085-202123169349302862-9.pdf?_gl=1*1508nvt*_ga*MTgwNTc1NzQ2MC4xNjg0NzYwODY1*_ga_5W8PXYYGBX*MTY4NTYyMjgxNS4zLjEuMTY4NTYyMjg1OC4xNy4wLjA.&_ga=2.20996667.120522906.1685545025-1805757460.1684760865