SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I've got the file for the game uploaded; I only loaded from the second intermission to the end of the game; quite a big file...Nice to hear Sweeney getting all fired up again!

https://youtu.be/ghy8gwG-IuM

Awesome post.  Always fun to hear Pat Sweeney go Peter Brady "Time to Change" on the bit.  

P.S. The Henderson's are in receipt of this link.  :)  Thanks again!    

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I've got the file for the game uploaded; I only loaded from the second intermission to the end of the game; quite a big file...Nice to hear Sweeney getting all fired up again!

Thank you! The perfect remedy for cabin fever.

First of all, kudos to whoever kept a live gopher in your pocket for 2 1/2 periods!   Respect!

Compared to hockey today, that's a month of odd-man rushes in just one period.  Speed kills.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

This was awesome!...

Just a damn gem, a cage match, id say in one period there was potentially 70+ penalties. A street fight, AND a live gopher!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

My favorite part of the video is after UND gets their first goal, a live gopher appears on the ice...classic!

Loved during the handshake line, it appears “Jay Panzer” and MN Casey Hankinson had some choice words and a little scuffle at the end there. Good stuff! Lot of people loved/hated Jay Panzer. 

5 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Loved during the handshake line, it appears “Jay Panzer” and MN Casey Hankinson had some choice words and a little scuffle at the end there. Good stuff! Lot of people loved/hated Jay Panzer. 

I played GF men's league with Panzer one year when I was at UND.  Super competitive guy.  Loved talking hockey with the guy. 

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

One of my favorite UND hockey memories is the 2nd period of the 1997 championship game.  Down two zip after one and we outscore them 5-1 that period.

Anyone have highlights of that game?  

• Like 1

Halloween night, 1986, against Bucky Badger!  I'm somewhere in that mosh-pit of a student section...Tony Granato, Paul Ranheim, and Gary Shuchuk on the top line for Sconny; Mike Richter in the net.  It's the usual cast of characters for the Circus with the exception of goalie; Scott Brower (RIP) gets the start.  Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

I believe it was 2007 when Sioux played here in Denver in the West Regional.  Opened up in a wide open affair with Michigan winning I believe 7-5.  It was back and forth with Travis Roche leading our PP.  I was sitting among some very arrogant Michigan fans.  Next up was the Gophers who we beat in OT.  Somebody tell me who scored the winner but I think it was Chris Porter.  Anyway one of the best weekends of my life!

3 minutes ago, keikla said:

Roche played from 99-01.  I remember that regional goal to go to the FF though.  I've watched that replay so many times.

Wonder who the DMan was that I remember on the PP.  

12 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Did anybody notice there was a Senden playing for Minnie.  Saw it in the handshake line 

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Halloween night, 1986, against Bucky Badger!  I'm somewhere in that mosh-pit of a student section...Tony Granato, Paul Ranheim, and Gary Shuchuk on the top line for Sconny; Mike Richter in the net.  It's the usual cast of characters for the Circus with the exception of goalie; Scott Brower (RIP) gets the start.  Enjoy!

Wonder what the back story is on the fan getting booted in the first period,  glad it wasn't me as I was likely on the other side of the rink.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Wonder what the back story is on the fan getting booted in the first period,  glad it wasn't me as I was likely on the other side of the rink.

Blackheart......you're doing a lot for my morale. (Oops...didn't mean to quote)

• Upvote 2