SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this is what they had for standings

As I stated, this is certainly plausible for UND to finish in the top 3, it is also plausible for them to finish 6th or 7th.  UND/NDSU/USD/Omaha:   You could write their names, put them in a hat and draw them out one by one to come up with an order and be right.  The only decision I'll disagree with is with Denver.  I think they are a much better team than WIU and UMKC at should be ranked at least 7th.  They could be a team that sneaks into the top half as well.  Going to be some good ball played this year in the Summit and next year will be even better. 

Having DAE and Rebraca as a core helps.  Nero needs to live up to the billing, the sophomores need to take a step forward, and our transfers need to be ready to go.  Hope one of our freshman can come in and have an impact from day 1 as well. 

I'm getting excited.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Two things

1) Sounds like NCAA is giving an extra year to all winter athletes, like with the other sports.

2) Summit will be going to a model where the teams play on back to back nights at one location. 

can we do a bubble in SF instead?

To claify -  each team plays every other team in the conference twice but both games would be on one of the team's home courts. For example UND might get to host SU in GF for both games (or vice versa)? Losing a home game against the primary rival could really impact ticket income  (although attendance is probably going to be limited anyways). 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

To claify -  each team plays every other team in the conference twice but both games would be on one of the team's home courts. For example UND might get to host SU in GF for both games (or vice versa)? Losing a home game against the primary rival could really impact ticket income  (although attendance is probably going to be limited anyways). 

Good clarification.   I get what they are trying to do but it still sucks nonetheless that the bigger rivalry games will only be in one spot this year.  I do love the bye week.  

Yikes, tough draw on the road games with ORU, SDSU and UNO. Also not a huge fan of bye week being the final weekend of the year but might work out depending on how/if the conference tournament is set up. Also, I imagine some feathers will be ruffled 70 miles to the south with them having to travel to Grand Forks.

Looking at the rosters, here is what I noticed

Returning Players

Ramsey is up 10 lbs to 190

Panoam is up 9 lbs to 168

Rebraca up 2 lbs to 222

Brady up to an even 200

Ethan up to 191, up 4 lbs

DAE near 220 lbs

G still at 227

Newbies

Sueker comes in at 6'9 220

Shockey at 6'3 197