SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

22 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Depends. He is hoping to receive a medical redshirt but I really don’t see how he gets that. 

I still don't understand why he transferred. He would be starting ... not like he was benched, right? Only sat because of injury?

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Now with that figured out, lets turn back our attention to UND's present players.

Given who we have coming back, who do you think will take their games to another level next year and who do you think needs to make that next level jump?

phil and g....

I don't see anybody to take Stuart place at point guard for next year and without that we are serious trouble for the coming season. It was bad enough this year because if Stuart had to sit we had nobody to replace him on the floor and game could soon get out of hand. I don't see any of the new recruits that can fill that role and there was nobody to fill that role off the bench or we would have seen that player. In today's college game top point guard is must to compete against other teams. I believe that is why both UND and NDSU were in conference championship is because both of them had two of the best point guards in the conference. Other wise the new additions we have added should replace or even improve the team in our other positions. The question I have is there still room to add a player for this coming season.

5 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

I don't see anybody to take Stuart place at point guard for next year and without that we are serious trouble for the coming season. It was bad enough this year because if Stuart had to sit we had nobody to replace him on the floor and game could soon get out of hand. I don't see any of the new recruits that can fill that role and there was nobody to fill that role off the bench or we would have seen that player. In today's college game top point guard is must to compete against other teams. I believe that is why both UND and NDSU were in conference championship is because both of them had two of the best point guards in the conference. Other wise the new additions we have added should replace or even improve the team in our other positions. The question I have is there still room to add a player for this coming season.

........which is why they are offering Juco point guards.  :huh:

On 4/11/2020 at 6:27 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

What do good point guards do that our current guards don’t do? Other than score, handle the ball and distribution?

Decision making should also be added to your list.   I think the last two are weighted very importantly in Sather's "attack the heart of the paint"  offensive thinking.  The scoring is a by-factor of that plus the decision making on when to attack verses when to distribute. 

On 4/11/2020 at 12:56 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

phil and g....

I think Rebraca is in for a big year next year.   I would like to see him get stronger so he doesn't get pushed around as much on the defensive end and it would help him finish a little better down on the block.  Would like him to continue to work on his free throw shooting and that 10-12 foot jumper to keep the defense honest.  I wouldn't be shocked if he averaged a double-double next year (I think he could average 17 points, 10 rebounds).  

G definitely needs to have a bigger impact next year, I want to see him have a big impact off the bench for this squad.  I hope he can shoot it a little more.  He certainly has the size, needs to add a little more muscle to his frame.  

For me, I think DAE is in the needs category, because if he can improve his outside shot and his ball handling….  look out. Given his ability to attack the basket, this would make this part of his game even more lethal.  I believe he will do both.  He should have been on the All-Summit newcomer team, he won't be left of a team next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1