SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so having two shooters the caliber of moody and shockey was going to be a bad thing?  this isn't good.

For every point he scored he gave it right back to the guy he was guarding. Very poor defensively, teams would isolate him one-on-one in the post.

Wasn't a big surprise, finally official. Sounds like he didn't want to be at UND anymore and that was pretty clear to anyone who had been around certain family members. Not sure if he was concerned about not getting minutes going forward or he just didn't mesh with the type of game Sather wanted to play. Would have been fun to see what kind of threat he could have been in a shooters role in Sather's offense, but regardless, best of luck to him in the future, wasn't meant to be.

Push to get Archambault on board and move forward. He appears to have the ability to fill the PG and deep threat roles that this team needs.

If you get the Archambault kid to commit, I would guess this as the starting lineup

Archambault

Shockey

DAE

Sueker

Rebraca

Bench: G, Brady, Ihrenacho, and Sims.  I guess Panoam/Ethan would be the 10th man.  Guessing Bergan would take a redshirt unless he comes in lighting it up.

Lots of parts that would have to come together, but from a paper standpoint.... this is a stronger team with a much better bench.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

If you get the Archambault kid to commit, I would guess this as the starting lineup

Archambault

Shockey

DAE

Sueker

Rebraca

Bench: G, Brady, Ihrenacho, and Sims.  I guess Panoam/Ethan would be the 10th man.  Guessing Bergan would take a redshirt unless he comes in lighting it up.

Lots of parts that would have to come together, but from a paper standpoint.... this is a stronger team with a much better bench.  

Think Shockey starts right away? I Have been high on the kid. I kind of think Sims will be in a starting roll if not he’s the first guy off the bench. His offensive statistics don’t wow you but I think there’s a lot there. 

10 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Think Shockey starts right away? I Have been high on the kid. I kind of think Sims will be in a starting roll if not he’s the first guy off the bench. His offensive statistics don’t wow you but I think there’s a lot there. 

Just to clarify, when I put Sims last it was just a random order for the bench.

My reasoning for Shockey is this:  I really like DAE in the 3 spot in the lineup and would rather have him stay in that spot and not have to move him to the 2 spot and make room for Sims at the 3.  Out of the two incoming guards, I would play Shockey over Ihrenacho.  Unless DAE improves his shooting quite a bit in the offseason, they really more of a shooter to start there.  Although:  You could have 6'6, 6'7, 6'9 and 6'9 in your starting lineup if you did move DAE to the 2 spot and Sims at the 3.  That is a ton on length and could be pretty good on the defensive end.  

The other reason I would have Sims off the bench in this:  I think he can provide a punch from the bench and make it stronger from a scoring standpoint. 

Now... this is all assuming UND does land Archambault. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Just to clarify, when I put Sims last it was just a random order for the bench.

My reasoning for Shockey is this:  I really like DAE in the 3 spot in the lineup and would rather have him stay in that spot and not have to move him to the 2 spot and make room for Sims at the 3.  Out of the two incoming guards, I would play Shockey over Ihrenacho.  Unless DAE improves his shooting quite a bit in the offseason, they really more of a shooter to start there.  Although:  You could have 6'6, 6'7, 6'9 and 6'9 in your starting lineup if you did move DAE to the 2 spot and Sims at the 3.  That is a ton on length and could be pretty good on the defensive end.  

The other reason I would have Sims off the bench in this:  I think he can provide a punch from the bench and make it stronger from a scoring standpoint. 

Now... this is all assuming UND does land Archambault. 

I have a feeling we are going to see some competition in landing him with USD. 

49 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It sucks, but time to find a new target at the point. 

Not the end of the world, but man it would have been nice to land him. 

Just sucks that now we will have to play him at least twice a year.

Any thoughts on who that next target could be?

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Just sucks that now we will have to play him at least twice a year.

Any thoughts on who that next target could be?

Not at this time, UND needs quality depth at point guard to make this all go.  I like what they have done at all the other spots in the lineup.